Speer and his family

Speer was back in his chateau near the White Palace with Winter and Snow. Snow is in her room and Winter is with Speer in his bed after a night of passionate lovemaking.

Winter: This is nice, I could see myself as Winter Mannheim von Speer.

Speer: It has only been one night but I am glad. We have a lot in common. We both come from industrial families yet we have both decided to become servants of the state.

Winter: My father intended that I take over the family business yet I decided to join the army.

Speer: I unintentionally stowed away on the Indefatigable and I joined up in an administrative role.

Winter: So you didn't intend to join up?

Speer: Nope, but when I realized that I liked it I stayed.

Winter: I hope that you don't think that I am being forward but would you mind if I was your girlfriend?

Speer: I would be honored if you were to be my girlfriend.

Winter: (Hugs Speer) So, what do you do in your daily life?

Speer: Mostly I just sign off on building projects but now with the construction of Saiangrad I spend most of my time surveying the land and planning the infrastructure.

Winter: Do you bring your daughter with you when you go?

Speer: She comes with me, I have a place on the lake there and she has some friends there.

Winter: Who is the mother?

Speer: I don't know, I found her wandering the streets and I adopted her.

Winter: So she is an orphan?

Speer: Maybe, best for her old parents if they are, she seemed abused and neglected and I'd put hot lead through the head of anyone who tries to hurt her. She hasn't had it the best, but when we go to Saiangrad it will be perfect! No one will hurt her.

Winter: So what is Saiangrad?

Speer: The Emperor wanted a new city so we have been tasked with designing it. We are at the halfway mark.

Winter: Do you plan on moving there when it is completed?

Speer: Sure, it will be wonderful. We have already gotten her admitted to Lakeside, it is an exclusive school for the upper and ruling classes.

Winter: That sounds nice, I wonder if I could get an apartment there.

Speer: You could stay with me in my palace there is more than enough space.

Winter: Thanks.

Speer: You are my girlfriend after all.

Winter: Also, you have a palace?

Speer: The land was a thank you gift from the emperor for overseeing the construction of Saiangrad, besides the royal family, I am the only person to have a private residence on the lake. He also gave me a small fiefdom in Vale.

They go back to cuddling until Snow walks in on them.

Snow: Daddy, is Ms. Winter going to be my mommy?

Speer: Snow, she is my new girlfriend and someday she might be your mommy.

She then goes and gives Winter a hug.

Snow: I like you a lot! (whispering) But don't think for a second that he loves you more than me. I will cut you! (smiles like nothing happened)

Winter is understandably rather startled by this but she ignores it because it is common for adopted children to be possessive of their parent.

Winter: So, Snow, how old are you?

Snow: I'm eight years old.

Winter: You're a big girl aren't you?

Snow: I am, I'm four foot three.

Speer then gives Snow a kiss on the forehead.

Speer: Snow, let's go get breakfast.

Snow: Yay, can I have pancakes.

Speer: You sure can sweety.

Snow: With bacon?

Speer: With bacon.

Snow climbs on his back and Speer carries her to the dining room and Winter follows. By the time they get downstairs Speer's servants have made pancakes, toast, bacon, and poached eggs. Speer sits at the head of the table with Snow and Winter on either side. His knife sinks into the eggs and the yolk drips onto the toast. He eats the eggs and mops up the rest of the yolk with his toast before eating it. He eats his two pancakes and he consumes the bacon. When they are finished Snow changes into her school uniform, grabs her backpack, and gets into one of Speer's staff cars with an elite bodyguard and she is driven to school.

Winter: She goes to school under guard?

Speer: Of course, I don't want anything to happen to her.

Winter: What about your staff car?

Speer: School Buses and by extent civilian vehicles are not allowed on the grounds of Imperial palaces without proper authorization of the vehicle and everyone on board. Snow just goes in a staff car because it is the most convenient.

Winter: Makes sense. But wouldn't she stick out if she goes by staff car instead of a bus?

Speer: It makes an impression on the other students. You should have seen the first week there. She used to be picked on by some children of factory managers so I coaxed the principal to invite all the parents. The other kids thought that they were so special because their fathers and mothers were government secretaries or factory owners. The two three boys who were picking on her were the sons of factory owners and the third was the son of someone who worked for me. They were very apologetic so I merely confiscated some of their assets. They were terrified. Anyway, I have to get dressed for work now.

Speer then goes upstairs and puts on his uniform.

Speer: I love this uniform, The boots hold my riding pants to my thighs, the Sam Browne belt holds up my tunic and gun, and the peaked cap sits proudly on my head.

Winter: And it looks good on you.

He then grabs his briefcase before saying goodbye to Winter and heading to the Ministry for Infrastructure building in Saiangrad in his other staff car. He then sat at his desk and began signing documents and putting his rubber stamp to work. His day consists of phone calls, paperwork, and meetings. He goes through some letters and he sends some, but nothing major. He then prepares his sidearm. Despite being an office worker he still carries a pistol, it is the standard Walther PPK or a Luger, depends which one he wants. His luger is more for special occasions, like going out for a meal or meeting up with another administrator. His Walther PPK is his everyday gun. He then goes down to the basement where there is a firing range and he practices his pistol marksmanship and his quick draw. After firing five rounds all five hit the target with three being bullseyes and the remaining two being double bullseyes.

Unlike the other members of the inner circle, he has virtually no combat experience. He has been on a battlefield and he has shot someone but he has never killed anyone. He isn't proud of this fact, honestly, he is a bit ashamed by it. He wants to fell an opponent in combat. But with his chosen vocation it is unlikely that he will have such an opportunity. At the end of the day, he gets back in his staff car and he is driven home and he has a pleasant dinner with Snow and Winter before sitting in his high backed chair with Snow on his knee as he tells her a story. He then takes her to her room and tucks her in and kisses her on her forehead before turning off the lights and posting two guards outside her room. He then goes to his room and finishes some paperwork before going to bed with Winter.

Winter: You work so hard for the Imperium, you deserve a reward.(kisses on the cheek)

Speer: What do you have in mind?

Winter: Get out of that uniform and I'll show you.

Speer quickly gets out of his uniform and then he and Winter have a very passionate night together.