Chapter 43

Gabe's POV

My parents held Harper for a bit while I sat in the waiting room with Chloe and Colin until it was time to go home.

I was kind of nervous about Kat coming over for dinner but I think everything will be fine.

Kat and I text all the time and we have become really good friends since we met months ago. We have both gotten our schedules for school and we have the majority of our classes together.

I know I like her, and not just as a friend, but I've been wondering if I should ask her out or wait. We've hung out before quite a few times and it was kind of like a date, it was always just the two of us, but it was hanging out as friends, I'm not really sure if she likes me.

Dad drove us home and I put all of my stuff up in my room and had no idea what to do, Kat wouldn't be over for a while yet.

"Gabe?" I heard my dad ask as he knocked on my door.

"Come in." I said.

"I just talked with Simon." he said and I knew what he was going to say.

"You did?" I asked somewhat nervous.

"Yes I did, he told me that you haven't been writing any new songs and that you haven't been taking his calls. What's going on Gabe?" dad asked me.

"Uhh..."

"Tell me the truth."

"I don't know if it's what I want to do anymore." I said with a sigh.

"You mean singing? Why not?" he asked.

"Because after seeing what you went through being away from the people you love and seeing what it did to mom I don't ever want to deal with any of that."

"That's why you don't want to sing?"

I nodded. "You shouldn't let that be the reason you don't follow your dreams. If singing is something you really want to do, then the people you care about will be happy that you are happy." dad told me.

"What?" I asked.

"Once the boys and I lost the xFactor and we started touring and everything I had to leave my friends and family, I got used to it and then I met your mum and I had to be away from her, and then I had to be away from you and brother and sisters."

"It's never easy to be away from the people you love and care about but when you love what you're doing there is a plus side."

"What are you saying dad?" I asked him.

"I'm saying that if this is really what you want to do with your life then do it, it won't be easy but it will be worth it." he said standing and walking to the door.

"Dad? If you could go back in time, an not have gone to your xFactor audition, would you do it?" I asked.

"No, I wouldn't change a thing." he said walking out of my room.

I sighed and decided that I'm just going to take each day as it comes, I'm not going to obsess over this, and someday I'll figure out what I'm going to do.

I heard the door bell ring and I slid down the banister and ran to the door. I opened it and let Kat in, "Hi." I said smiling at her.

"Hey." she said smiling nervously.

I gave her a quick hug I felt her hug me back then my mum and dad came into the room.

"You must be Kat." my mum said offering her hand to Kat.

Kat shook her hand and then dad's, "It's nice to meet you Mr and Mrs Styles." Kat said smiling politely.

"Please, call me Bella, Mrs Styles makes me sound like an old lady." Mum told her.

"Kids, come here!" dad called and all the little kids came in from the playroom. Grandmum left earlier today after we got back from shopping.

"Kat, this is my brother Colin, his twin sister Chloe, and Annie." I said introducing them.

"You're a pretty girl." Annie said.

"Thank you Annie, you're very pretty too." Kat told her.

"Thanks." Annie said giggling.

A timer went off in the kitchen and mum announced that dinner was finished so we all followed her into the kitchen and took our seats around the table.

It was a wonderful meal, Kat got along very well with everyone and mum seems to adore her, it only made me like her more.