Heat Stroke // Zach

Word Count: 2019 lol

It was a hot day in Los Angeles.

97 degrees to be exact.

And of course, Zach picked the wrong day to wear black.

—————

Zach's POV

Waking up from sleep felt like stepping into a literal oven.

My clothes were soaked with sweat, and I had woken up multiple times during the night.

I felt even more tired than I already was just thinking about that today was a full day of work.

I look over at my alarm clock to find that it is 7:40 am.

That means, I have 20 minutes until I need to get up.

Instead of going back to bed, which is probably not possible at this heat, I stand up and decide to take a shower.

Going into the bathroom, I quietly shut the door behind me, and lock it.

I then turn on the shower to a cold setting, and strip my clothes.

I step into the shower, feeling a wave of relief wash over me.

Usually I would hate cold showers, but I'm pretty sure I would suffocate if I took a warm one right now.

After about 10 minutes, I turn the water off  and step out onto the bath mat.

I throw a towel around me and run my fingers through my soppy hair.

It's nice not to feel soaked with sweat anymore.

I quickly dry my hair with the damp towel, and slip on some shorts and a T-shirt.

I walk back to my room, and begin to gather things I need for the day.

That includes a charger, cash, snacks, and lots of water bottles.

The sound of an alarm blasts throughout the room, startling me.

I quickly run over and press the stop button, feeling stupid about the fact that I forgot to turn it off beforehand.

Suddenly, Jonah bursts through my door, making me jump once again, and I fall on the floor.

"Haha! I made you fall", he says.

I stand up and adjust my clothes making a comedically pouty face.

Jonah just laughs again, and this time, I laugh along.

"I'm glad you're up. We gotta go in about an hour and a half, so please be ready", Jonah tells me.

"Don't worry Jo. I'll be ready. Promise", I say turning back towards my bag.

I see him nod before exiting the room, probably to wake up the other boys.

I turn around and run my eyes, wishing I had gotten more sleep.

If my exhaustion doesn't kill me, this awful heat will.

An hour and a half later...

Jonah's POV

Eventually, the bus arrived outside the house, and we all gladly hopped in.

I'm not gonna lie, this morning, Zach seemed really tired.

I know it's just my dad instinct telling me somethings wrong like it always does, but I can't help being concerned.

Not only is he going to be tired today, but he also wore a black T-shirt with black skinny jeans.