Boys Don't Believe Him // Jack

Request for fangirllingforlife

General POV

Monday's are usually people's least favorite day of the week.

But that day, Jack thought of it as so much worse.

He woke up with an unforgiving head and stomach, along with sweating and shivering.

Jack knew that they had an interview that day in just a few hours, but when he tried to get up, his stomach flipped backwards.

He wanted to tell the boys, and stay home the whole day.

But things just don't work out sometimes. 

Jack's POV

As I put a hand on my forehead, shutting my eyes and wincing, Zach swings the door open.

"Come on, we have an interview Jack", he tells me energetically.

I look at him tiredly, hoping he would see how horrible I felt.

"I feel awful. I don't even think I can get out of bed", I tell him truthfully.

Zach looks at me with a concerned look on his face.

"Jonah!", he yells out, making me put my hands over my ears.

I hear Jonah's footsteps come up the stairs quickly, then he stands next to Zach.

"What's up Z?", he asks.

"Jack doesn't feel good", Zach replies eyeing me.

Jonah looks at me for a second before looking away.

"You're fine. Just get food and an energy drink, and then you'll be good to go", he says running back downstairs.

Zach heads to his room as well, leaving me to convince myself to get out of bed.

My stomach feels stuffed, while at the same time empty, and my head feels like it's been hit by a baseball bat.

But, I take a deep breath, and push myself up slowly, shutting my eyes tighter and clenching my teeth.

I slip on a black T-shirt and denim jeans, along with some gray converse.

A slight wave of nausea comes over me, but I subdue the gags quickly.

I then practically drag my feet down the stairs, trying to keep my eyes from shutting.

I automatically smell cooked toast and jelly coming from the kitchen.

"Come get some", Jonah says, as I notice everyone is already at the table.

"I'm not hungry. I ate a big dinner", I lie.

In reality, the smell of food was truly nauseating, and made me feel even worse.

I walk over to the couch and sit down slowly, wincing as my head throbs angrily.

I just feel plain awful, and honestly I don't know how I'm gonna make it through today.

And even if I do, it won't be easy.

General POV

In the Uber, all Jack could do was stare out the window.

Looking down at his phone was a one way ticket to puking, and his head hurt so bad, that he didn't feel like talking.

Eventually they arrive at the media center for their interview, and Jack is the last out of the car.

He then pushes himself to the doors of the center, and is expectedly the last to walk in.

Jack follows Jonah to a room towards the back of the hallway, and sits in one of the stools.

"Alright boys, what you're going to do, is take turns doing dares, or drink a weirdly flavored soda", a lady behind the camera tells them.

The boys all nod, and sit up a little straighter.

"3,2,1, go", she says looking into the camera screen.

"What's up, we're Why Don't We, and we're going to be playing Drink or Dare", they all say in sync.

Jonah gets handed a hat with dares inside, but before he draws one, a weird sensation overcomes Jack.

Black dots dance around his vision, and he feels light headed.

He hears Jonah mumble something, but can't focus on it.

Jack tries to tell someone, but feels frozen.

"Here Jack", Jonah says, snapping him back into reality a bit.

Jack takes the hat and pulls out a dare.

"Stand up, and do a Fortnite dance while telling an embarrassing story", he reads aloud quietly.

Jack decides to stand, but immediately regrets it.

He suddenly feels nauseous, and dizzy, so he stops walking.

Jack suddenly falls backwards to the ground and puts his hands down to catch himself.

"What'd you trip on?", Corbyn says as all the boys laugh.

But when Jack doesn't get up, and instead puts his head in his hands, Jonah stands and kneels next to Jack.

"Are you okay?", he asks, putting a gentle hand on Jack's shoulder.

"I feel like I'm gonna pass out, and puke", he tells Jonah with his eyes shut.

Jack suddenly starts to sway a bit, so Jonah steadies him, then lays him on his back.

"Put your hands above your head and breathe", he instructs him.

He does as he's told, as Jonah tells a crew member to get water.

But suddenly, Jack shoots up, and puts a hand over his mouth quickly.

He tries to hold it in while Zach looks for a bucket, but ends up releasing his stomach contents in front of him.

"Aww, Jack", Jonah says.

Zach hands Jonah a bucket a second too late, and rubs his back as he throws up a few more times.

A few minutes later, Corbyn had already called an Uber, so the boys got ready to leave.

"Can you stand?", Jonah asks Jack.

Jack holds onto Jonah's arm, and tries to pull himself up, but falls back down into Jonah's arms.

"Alright, I'm gonna carry you okay?", Jonah says.

Jack nods, and lets Jonah pick him up in a bridal carry.

As they leave the building, Jack buries his pale face in Jonah's chest.

In the Uber, Corbyn sits in the passenger seat, Zach and Daniel sit in the third row, while Jonah and Jack sit in the second row.

The whole way home, Jack threw up into a grocery bag, lying on Jonah's lap as Jonah stroked his hair.

"Told you I was sick", Jack says quietly with a soft laugh.

"We're so sorry we didn't believe you bud", Jonah says, as all the other boys gesture in agreement.

"It's okay, as long as you let me sleep in tomorrow", he replies.

"No problem", Jonah says.

And just like that, Jack dozes off on Jonah's shoulder.

And the only thing that could be heard, was his soft peaceful breathing.