Zenkers // Daniel

Requested by myusernameiguess

Basically this condition causes people to not be able to swallow properly.

General POV

Daniel slightly opens his eyes, just as the suns peaking above the horizon.

He blinks a few times, then yawns, and stretches his legs out.

But as Daniel yawns, he notices something unusual.

His throat feels tight, and almost like there's a lump in it.

Daniel drinks a small sip of water from his nightstand, then clears his throat, but nothing really changes.

He passes it off as morning grogginess, and convinces himself that it'll be better once he eats his first meal.

Daniel puts a shirt over his head from the closet, runs his fingers through his hair, then heads downstairs for breakfast.

The smell of pancakes makes him go faster, and he reaches the bottom quickly.

"Morning", Jonah says, flipping a couple of the pancakes.

"Morning, Jo", he replies.

Zach, Jack and Corbyn are sitting on the couch, watching a movie on the TV, so Daniel casually join them.

He clears his throat a few times, then tries again more aggressively, wanting to get the lumpy feeling out of his throat once and for all.

"You mind, Dani? We're trying to watch Kristof save Anna", Zach says.

"Yeah, sorry", Daniel laughs.

As the movie has a few minutes left, Jonah tells the boys to come to the table.

So they each grab a plate, and sit around.

Daniel decides to eat his pancakes dry, since he was not about to rock, paper, scissors for the syrup.

He takes a bite, chewing thoroughly, and swallowing.

It didn't feel right though.

He felt as if it didn't digest properly or something, but he continued to eat since he was hungry.

By the time the boys had played finished playing rock, paper, scissors, Daniel had finished his food.

"Thanks for breakfast Jo", Daniel says, after taking his plate up to the sink.

Jonah smiles and nods at Daniel, food stuffing his mouth.

When Daniel gets back upstairs, he sits down on his bed, and turns a show on the TV.

But a weird feeling emerges from his throat.

Instinctively, Daniel runs to the toilet, thinking he was gonna throw up.

But he ended spitting up his food, the same way it had gone down.

It felt like it had been stuck in his throat, and hadn't gone down all the way.

Daniel gags, and tries not to choke, as he spits the food into the toilet.

His eyes water, his nose runs, and his body shakes as he finally flushes the toilet.

Daniel was scared of what had just happened.

It had never happened before.

So what was wrong with him?

It would make sense if he had thrown up, because it happens to everyone, if their stomach doesn't agree with something.

But this was different.