Faking Sick // Daniel & Jack

Request for fangirllingforlife

I've put the request above, and I have to say, it's a very unique one I never would've thought of. Thank you, and I hope you enjoy!

Sorry it's unedited, but homework is a B-I, C-T, H.

Word Count: 2182

—————

After constantly working from early morning to late at night, the boys are obviously exhausted.

They want nothing more than to just have one off day, to relax and lounge around.

But it's like going to school.

You only get days off when you're sick.

So, what if you weren't really sick, but you make it seem like you are.

Daniel thought this was a great idea, but he didn't know that he would really hurt someone.

—————

Daniel's POV

Sunday night...

I'm honestly so tired of doing work all day.

I mean, we're still young, and it's hard to work our bodies as hard as we do.

I want to get just one day off, just one.

But what can I do?

What if I fake sick, but obviously make it seem really believable.

I could say I have a sore throat, and bring my temperature up, and maybe even make some fake vomit.

Wait, that last ones to far.

Better start now though.

I get up from my unmade sheeted bed, and walk over into my bathroom.

I get some heated packs that I usually use for growing pains, and shut the drawer.

Quickly and quietly, I open my bedroom door, and head downstairs.

Each stair creaked, which made me cringe.

But eventually, I reach the kitchen, and I let out a sigh of relief.

I open the microwave, and place the pads inside for about 25 seconds, but I set it to 26 seconds.

I open the microwave door just before it beeps, and take out the now warm pads.

I make the trip back to my bedroom, and look at the clock to see that it's 11 pm.

I lay in my bed and place a pad on my forehead, then some on my torso and arms.

I sit there for about 15 minutes, then take the pads off and hide them under my bed.

My body is very hot, and it did give me a little headache.

I reach for my phone, and text Jonah.

"I think I'm sick", I say.

I hear Jonah's phone go off in his room across the hall, followed by his door opening.

Quickly I shift into a fetal position, and make a pained looking face.

I hear Jonah open my door, then walk over to my bed.

"What's wrong Dani", he says putting a hand on my arm.

Before I can answer, Jonah talks again.

"Oh my god, you're burning up", he adds concerned.

He places a hand on my forehead, which makes his eyebrows furrow.