Car Crash Pt. 2 // Jachary

Pt. 2 ;)

Word Count: 829

A few hours later...

3rd Person POV

Jonah looks down at his watch seeing that it's already 11.

"Where are they? They were supposed to be here 30 minutes ago", Daniel says scratching the back of his neck.

Jonah feels a buzz in his pocket, so he reaches to get his phone.

"It's Jack", he says.

Everyone looks at him anxiously as he answers the phone.

"Where the hell ar- are you crying", Jonah says as his eyes widen.

"It's- I, the, um", Jack stutters, trying to catch his breath and form a sentence.

"Hey, it's okay, just calm down. What's wrong?", Jonah says sitting down on a chair.

"I can't", Jack says letting out a sob and a sniffle.

"Just try. Where are you?", Jonah calmly asks.

"Dig-Dignity Health", he says taking a shallow shaky breath.

"Wait, that's a hospital. What happened", Jonah says standing up.

"Call an Uber", Jonah whispers to Corbyn.

"We were driving a-and, um a truck rammed into the drivers side. I broke my wrist, but, Zach", Jack stops and lets out a sob.

"Don't worry bud were coming", Jonah says.

Jack doesn't reply, instead he lets out a sob.

"Uber's here", Corbyn says.

Jonah hangs up the phone and runs outside.

Corbyn and Daniel get in the back, while Jonah sits in the passenger seat.

"Hurry please", Jonah tells the driver as he hangs up the phone.

The driver goes as fast as he can, seeing the look of panic on all the boys faces.

When they reach the hospital, Jonah's the first to jump out of the car, slamming the door behind him.

He looks back towards the window and mouths "sorry" for slamming it, but the driver nods with a smile.

Corbyn and Daniel follow Jonah into the hospital, quickly saying a thank you to the driver. 

As the boys get inside, Jonah sees Jack sitting in a waiting room chair, sobbing and shaking, with a cast on his arm.

He runs over and pulls Jack into a much needed hug.

Jack just sobs into Jonah's shoulder, as Jonah rubs his back.

"Are you okay?", Jonah says.

Jack pulls away from the hug, living his wrist with a cast on it.

"I-I saw the truck c-coming towards us. I s-saw it slam into the c-car, and I remember how loud Z-Zach was screaming", Jack stops letting out a sob into Jonah's chest.

"Then I got out of the car, and I w-was grabbing my wrist. But then I re-realized that Zach was still in the car. I screamed h-his name as loud as I cou-could, and I got no response", Jack continues.

Jonah just pulls Jack back towards his chest, not knowing what else to do.

"Zach", the doctor says coming into the waiting room.

All four boys perk up, Jack wiping his tears.

"Follow me", the doctor says.

She leads them down a long hallway to the intensive care unit, then turns to face them.

"I'm sorry to say that I have some good news and some bad news", she says.

"Good news first", Corbyn says.

"Well, remarkably Zach only broke an elbow and wrist, both on the same arm", the doctor says with a small smile.

"That's great. What's the bad news?", Jonah asks reluctantly.

"So when Zach landed, the impact caused him to hit his head. He was knocked out", she says.

"So he'll just wake up and we'll be good to go right?", Jonah asks hopefully.

"I'm afraid not. Because of the head injury, there's a 75% chance that he'll wake up with amnesia", the doctor says sympathetically.

"What's that?", Daniel asks.

"It's when you lose your memory", Jonah explains just before the doctor can.

"But there's still a 25% chance he won't wake up with memory loss, right?", Jonah asks.

"Yes, but it's a pretty indefinite thing", the doctor explains.

"Can we see him?", Jack asks.

"Yes, but be prepared. If he wakes up, call for the doctor", she explains.

"Got it", Jonah says.

"Room 127", the doctor says before walking away.

The boys walk down the hall from room 118, looking at each room number intensely.

"127", Jonah says, stopping the the rest of the boys.

"Jack are you sure you can do this?", he asks concerned.

"Yeah, but you'll be there next to me right", Jack says quietly.

"Of course bud", Jonah says putting a hand on Jack's shoulder.

He puts his hand on the knob, turning it to the right, revealing Zach.

His body laying unconsciously in the bed, arm in a full arm cast, oxygen mask on his face, and a bandage on his forehead.

Jack tries to hold back tears, but he can't.

He leans into Jonah, squeezing him and sobbing.

The rest of the boys cry along with him, pulling each other into a group hug.

"Zach's a fighter. He'll get through this", Jonah says.

"I know he will".