Epilepsy // Corbyn Pt. 4

Request for giannarebecca

Word Count: 925

—————

Even though Corbyn is on his medication, he still gets seizures every now and then.

Jonah knows exactly what to do in the event of a seizure.

Usually Corbyn's seizures last 2-3 minutes, and all he has to do is rest afterwards.

But unfortunately this time, it was twice as long as that.

—————

Corbyn's POV

"We should totally go see that", I say excitedly.

We were talking about what to do on our free Saturday.

As Zach says something about a movie, something suddenly feels off.

My ears feel clogged, then they start to ring.

My vision blurs and I have a weird taste in my mouth.

I want to tell someone, anyone near me.

I hear Jonah saying something, but by the time he comes over to me, I'm on the floor.

Jonah's POV

"We should totally go see that", Corbyn says.

"Yeah sounds fun", Daniel says.

"What about if we go see Captain Marvel?", Zach says looking through movies on his phone.

"Sounds cool. Hey what do you think Corbyn?", I say looking over at him.

"Corbyn?", I say seeing him staring blankly and blinking slowly.

"Hey go get a pillow", I command knowing what's about to happen.

As Zach goes to find a pillow, Corbyn's eyes roll back into his head, and he falls to the floor.

I catch him just before impact, and lay him down carefully.

Zach returns with a pillow and puts it under Corbyn's head, but then exits the room, not being able to handle his seizures.

Jack begins to time the seizure with his phone, and Daniel pulls out his phone in case 911 needs to be called.

Corbyn's limbs shake aggressively as his eyes twitch and his mouth hangs open.

"How long Jack?", I ask moving chairs out of the way, afraid of him hitting them.

"A minute 38", he says staring at his phone screen.

After 3 minutes the seizure didn't stop, or decrease whatsoever.

"Call 911 Dani", I say a bit frantically.

He presses the call button, already having the number typed in.

"It's okay Corbs", I say, knowing he probably can't hear me.

"Yes, hi. My friends having a seizure, it's lasted more than 5 minutes, an-", Daniel says walking towards the other side of the room.

He continues talking as I sit there helpless, knowing that we just had to wait it out.

6 minutes have passed and Corbyn's still seizing.

But something else is wrong.

"Oh my god Daniel he can't breathe!", I yell.

Corbyn's face is turning purple, and he's gasping for air.

I want to turn away, but I know it's best to watch him, even if it pains me.

Suddenly sirens can be heard from outside, and I let out a sigh of relief.

I feel a tear run down my cheek watching Corbyn shake and struggle for air.

The responders burst through the door, as we had left it unlocked, and I move out of the way.

"Young male. Looks to be tonic clinic seizure. We need oxygen and sedatives", one of the responders says placing Corbyn on a stretcher.

As they load Corbyn on, a young paramedic comes over to me and puts a hand in my shoulder.

"He'll be fine. He's young and strong. 5 others can ride in the ambulance", she tells me.

"We have 4", I say wiping my tears.

"Alright then, even better", she says walking towards the ambulance.

"Guys come on", I yell.

Daniel is already downstairs, but a teary Zach comes down the stairs followed by Jack.

"I-Is he okay", Zach asks panicked.

"He will be", I reply.

I lead them out to the ambulance, and we step on.

The whole ride was horrible.

Hearing Corbyn's heartbeat represented by beeps, and seeing him shaking and struggling for air, was hard for anyone to watch.

They give Corbyn sedatives to stabilize him, which took no effect in the first few minutes.

Zach spent the whole time burying his face in Jack's chest, not daring to look at Corbyn.

I just try to stay calm, but it's hard when you feel powerless.

—————

At the hospital...

3rd POV

The EMT's quickly rush Corbyn through the automatic doors, as the boys sit in the waiting room.

Jonah gives the receptionist Corbyn's information, as Zach cries into Jack's chest, and Daniel calls Corbyn's parents.

He then sits down, thinking about lots things.

But mostly Corbyn.

—————

Jonah's POV

"Besson", a nurse calls out.

I wake up Daniel and Zach, and the nurse leads us to a room on the right.

"Well he's awake and breathing on his own. We do have an oxygen mask on him just in case though. Has it ever been this bad before?", the nurse says.

"No, he's never had to go to the hospital", I reply quickly.

"Alright. We'll up his seizure medication dosage", the nurse says walking away.

I put my hand on the doorknob, then slowly turn it and push.

"Hey Corbs", I simply say.

"Hey", he replies muffled by his oxygen mask.

"Oh my god I'm so glad you're okay", Zach says.

"Me too", Corbyn replies.

"Are you in any pain", I say sitting in a chair next to his bed.

"My head and chest. But it's manageable", he says quietly.

"Okay", I say putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Well I guess we won't be seeing a movie today", Corbyn says with a laugh.

We all laugh along, and tell Corbyn everything that happened.

We were all just happy that he was okay.

For now.