Brain Surgery Pt. 2 // Zach

4 weeks since the surgery...

Zach's POV

This morning I've had my testing done, and I'm finally in the clear to be discharged.

I'm beyond excited, but honestly, I'm scared to leave.

I mean, things are different now.

I have trouble walking, I can't clean myself, and I haven't been out of this hospital in over a month.

I just don't want to feel like a burden or anything.

I start physical therapy in a few days, so pretty much right after I'm discharged.

Jonah visited me the other day and told me that they installed a ramp over the stairs for my wheelchair.

I was beyond grateful, but we both know that going home, is still going to be difficult.

The boys pretty much have to watch me 24/7.

Like I said, they have to dress me, bathe me, take me to physical therapy, and all of the above since I can't do it myself.

I'm also not aloud to be left alone for long periods of time.

Hopefully I'll be able to walk soon, which would make everyone's life a little easier, but mostly mine.

The boys keep reassuring me that they're happy to take care of me, and don't think of me as a burden.

But it still seems kind of selfish that I rely on them for everything.

Also, I feel bad leaving Brady.

If he's not friends with anyone else, it'll be so lonely.

And I know that being lonely is one of the worst feelings in the world.

I guess things will eventually work themselves out one way or another, but until then, things will be different for me and the boys.

I'm supposed to be released today, so I have to wait for Jonah to sign the release paperwork.

Then, I'll be out of this gown, this bed, and this isolated room.

Thank god.

A few hours later...

General POV

Zach lets out a breath of fresh air as Jonah wheels him out of the hospital.

The sun hits his skin, and Zach closes his eyes with a smile on his face.

"I forgot how nice the outside world is", Zach jokes, causing Jonah to laugh.

"Wait a minute, how are we getting home?", Zach asks, eyeing his wheelchair.

"We needed a new car anyway, so we got one with a lift for your chair", Jonah says with a smile.

Zach's jaw drops.

"I don't know what to say Jo", he says.

"There's no need to say anything", Jonah replies.

When the two boys arrive at the van, Daniel, Corbyn and Jack are waiting inside, and Zach is lifted on in a short amount of time.

"We're so happy you're back home Z", Corbyn says honestly.

"I'm happy to be home too", he simply replies.

Zach stares out the window for a few minutes, but Jonah suddenly catches his attention.

"Hey, so I'm just telling you that you're gonna be pretty busy. You have physical therapy on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. Also, you have to remember to take your meds, and you have to go in for a checkup every ten days for a few months", Jonah tells Zach.