Exhaustion // Zach

For @FantasyDreamer528

Jet lag won't be that bad.

Just sleep on the plane.

At least you get to travel the world.

Everyone told me that it would pay off, that it was worth it.

Don't get me wrong, traveling and tour, is one of the best things that has happened to me.

But sometimes, it gets to the point where I contemplate doing it anymore.

Where the exhaustion constantly eating away at me becomes too much to endure.

Or when the shining lights, and screaming crowds makes me feel like my ears are bleeding.

Like recently when I pretty much was dying.

Monday

On a plane, heading to Europe.

Ten whole hours to do whatever.

I could make up for the sleep I desperately need, or watch a movie, but all I can do is stare out the window. 

I'm too nervous to sleep, and to tired to do anything that requires effort.

So basically, I'm stuck.

I gaze over at Jack, who's sleeping with his headphones, and then at Daniel, who's tapping his foot, while listening to something on his laptop with headphones as well.

Jonah and Corbyn are watching a movie on the TV's in front of them, laughing every now and then.

And then there's there's me, still as a lump on a log, unable to function as a normal human being.

The fact that we have a show tonight makes me feel sick to my stomach.

I can't even think about walking so how in the hell am I supposed to sing, dance, and smile.

I guess I'll figure it out.

After all, that's what I always have to do.

Tuesday

General POV

Empty, was the only way Zach could describe what he was feeling.

He didn't feel sad or anything, but he couldn't say he was exhausted, because Zach was beyond that.

Way beyond.

After Monday nights show, they were already on another flight back to LA, for a show they had that night.  

Again, he had ten hours to sleep, but every time he tried, he would remember something else he could do, or get startled by a sound.

Zach knew that if he were to do this show tonight, he would most likely have to sleep afterwards at some point.

And he would have to use every last bit of energy that keeps him awake, to perform.

He thought about telling one of the boys how he felt too tired to do anything, but he didn't have the energy.

So Zach kept to himself, and just hoped that he could make it through one more show.

Without completely falling apart.

That night...

The boys were out eating dinner at some restaurant downtown, all happily talking, recalling memories they had made on tour.

Zach sat there, only listening in every now and then, playing with his food like it was Play-doh.

Suddenly, the boys laugh really hard, and water shoots through Jack's nose, and onto Zach's food.