Stressed Out // Jonah

Request for @writewhenican

Just because he's older, doesn't mean he has more talent.

He has the least amount of talent out of all the boys, if any at all.

When he tries to hit high notes, my ears bleed.

Every single comment is like a shard of glass to his heart.

People just don't understand.

"I have to take care of everything and everyone since I'm the oldest. I'm in charge of chaperoning, getting everyone up and out the door, and not to mention keeping them healthy", Jonah thinks to himself.

The hate didn't usually get to him, and he had to be strong for the other boys.

But lately, it was getting to be too much.

And the ones about his talent and how he's lazy don't bother him, since he knows he's talented, and definitely not lazy.

It's the comments about his appearance, and his personality that get to him.

Getting called fat, ugly, ungrateful and stupid was not the greatest feeling in the world.

Especially when it was constant.

Having the pressure to plaster on a smile, perform shows every night, and take care of professional business, was overwhelming.

Jonah was practically drowning.

And he couldn't come up for air.

Saturday morning...

General POV

Jonah opens his eyes, as the sound of his alarm clock rings through his skull.

The sun was just coming up, but Jonah knew he wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep.

So he reaches over for his phone, like any young person would.

The screen is bright in his eyes, but through squinting he sees that the time is 6:23 am.

Jonah decides to scroll through his comments, like he usually does.

The other boys always look for nice comments, but at this point, Jonah was used to seeing nonstop negative comments.

He tried to ignore them, but it wasn't easy.

Jonah has definitely put on some weight, one comment reads.

How do people even like this guy? I mean, he obviously is stupid, and has the least amount of smarts in the group. Who am I kidding, he doesn't have any smarts at all, another says.

But the next comment, really got to him.

The band would be so much better without his dead weight.

Jonah gulped harshly, choking back the tears wanting to stream down his face.

He didn't want to cry.

He shouldn't cry.

He can't cry.

"I have to be strong for everyone else", he tells himself.

Jonah takes a deep breath, and blinks the tears back into his eyes once more.

But then he got to thinking.

"Would they be better without me?"

"Am I dead weight?"

"Maybe I'm not talented?"