🌹43 ~ Wasn't enough

Hoseok wasn't home, and Yoongi was with SeokJin.

Haechan was alone, sitting in his space quietly. He was currently listening to music, not paying any mind to his surroundings as he just jammed out, drawing random stuff on paper. 

Until he heard footsteps above him.

The younger slowly took off his headphones, listening in on whoever was up there. He knew by the time that it wasn't Yoongi or Hoseok, or anyone who was part of Hoseoks mafia. Out of pure curiosity, Haechan grabbed his gun and began walking up the stairs. 

What a mistake that was. 

<><>Present time<><>

Hoseok walked up to his penthouse with a smile, though that soon faltered when he saw his two guards dead on the ground, their necks slit. 

The male looked around, suddenly realizing, "Haechan!" he half yelled in worry.

When Hoseok entered his home, he ran, only to fall straight on his knees.

"No no no no," he repeated over and over again. 

There was Haechan's body, blood all over him. He had a slit throat, and was stabbed in the arm. His eyes were lifeless, Hoseok knowing very quickly Haechan was dead. 

Tears fell from the mafia bosses eyes, he noticed the mark on Haechan's skin, near where his tattoo was that represented his mafia. Hoseok didn't notice how hard he was crying till a choked sob emitted from his mouth, the male hugging Haechan's body close to him, not caring for the blood that got on his clothing. 

When Yoongi entered the penthouse, his heart broke into millions of pieces. 

There was Hoseok, holding Haechan's dead body to his chest while crying harder then the younger has ever seen him cry before. 

"Hoseok," Yoongi called out, getting closer to the male. He also got on his knees next to him, he touched Hoseoks shoulder, that one action bringing Hoseok into reality. 

Hoseok looked over at Yoongi, Yoongi's heart breaking even more when he saw how red Hoseoks eyes were, the tears coming down his eyes were in heaps. Without another word Yoongi hugged Hoseok into his chest, letting the male cry out. 

<><><>

August ran away from the scene before anyone knew he was there, he had killed the guards and that stupid kid that tried to get in his way. He didn't want too, but the brat shot him in the arm. 

He ran all the way back to his apartment he shared with YoonJi, the female not expecting what she saw. 

"What the fuck did you do?" Ji asked, her tone harsh. 

"I-um," August shuddered under her burning gaze, "fucked up Ji."

Ji grabbed August by the arm she knew he got shot in, she could tell by the blood, "you didn't listen, did you?" she spat, August wincing. 

"I think I killed his little brother or something," August confessed, Ji's eyes widening. 

She slapped August across the face, the male's expression turning to one of anger. 

"Why? WHY DIDN'T YOU FUCKING LISTEN!" she screamed, the male turning away from her. "Now look at the mess you probably got us in!"

"Whatever Ji," he spat, using his height against the female as he stood, "we're a mafia, shit happens, people die all the time. And guess what, they deal with it."

"You didn't listen August! How could you kill his brother! That's like if he killed Yoongi!" Ji yelled. 

"And would you care?" August countered, "you're the one who always insisted he would be fine when I wanted to get him away from that mafia boss, so don't come to me with that bullshit."

Ji pulled her hair out of frustration, her twin walking away from her. 

We're fucked, she thought. 

<><><>

HongJoong sobbed, punching Hoseoks chest. "You said you would protect him! You said you wouldn't let him get hurt!" he cried, his voice cracking as he shouted out. 

Hoseok allowed him to do this, understanding how badly the male must have been hurting. His little brother was dead. 

The mafia boss had called some of his minions to clean up the mess outside of his penthouse, and to clean the blood off his floors. Hoseok kept Haechan's body in his penthouse, laying him on a white cloth on the couch. 

Mark, Haechan's boyfriend, was trying to fight his tears as he looked at his lovers dead body. Taeyong, his mafia boss, was beside him, doing the same as he stared at Haechan's body. Hoseok wasn't crying anymore, his eyes less red. 

Yoongi was seated on the couch silently, watching HongJoong break down in front of him. 

"W-why didn't you protect him?" Mark finally spoke, his voice cracking. 

Hoseok sighed, "Mark, you know I did everything in my-"

"Which wasn't enough, he's fucking dead Hoseok!" Mark yelled, "my Haechannie is dead because of you."

Mark turned away from Hoseok as tears threatened to come out of his eyes, his tears winning as they came out of his eyes in heaps. HongJoong had moved near Haechan's body, he held his brothers hand as he sobbed. 

"And who the fuck is this?" Mark questioned harshly, pointing towards Yoongi, who had been silent the whole time, "did he know about Haechan?"

"Mark, leave him out of this," Hoseok's voice was laced in malice, his gaze warning Mark, though the male didn't care. He was in too much pain to care. 

"So he did know, is he the reason why Haechan is dead. Because I've never seen him, and suddenly when he appears my boyfriend is fucking dead-"

"Shut the fuck up, Mark," Hoseok spat, now angry, he stood infront of Yoongi in a protective manner, the mint haired male remaining silent. 

Mark looked up to keep his tears from coming out, "He's fucking dead Hoseok, we need someone to blame for this, someone needs to pay for his death-"

"Enough!" Taeyong shouted over his dongsaeng, "you want someone to blame and that boy isn't it. Do you think Haechan would have wanted you going around and threatening people! I care too Mark, Hoseok does as well, that was his cousin. So we need to find the person who did this instead of blaming others you don't even know."

Mark just dropped to his knees, finally letting his sadness take him over completely. Now HongJoong and Mark were sobbing messes, Hoseok having already shed his tears and Taeyong holding them in very well. 

The pink haired mafia boss walked over to the dark haired one. 

"Do you have any idea who's responsible?" Taeyong asked, Hoseok shook his head. 

"There's a symbol near where his tattoo was, soon i'll be getting the information about each mafia in Korea. When I know what mafia was responsible, I will give Neo the information, i'll let you guys handle it," Hoseok stated, Taeyong nodding. 

Soon, Mark and Taeyong left, one of their guys taking Haechan's body. HongJoong soon went back to his gang as well, leaving Hoseok and Yoongi alone. 

When the two were settled in bed, Hoseok said, "I'm sorry about Mark."

Yoongi quickly shook his head, cupping Hoseoks cheeks, "don't apologize, he was grieving, I understood," Hoseok nodded at Yoongi's words. "You can cry Hoseok," he whispered to the elder, it must have triggered something within Hoseok, because he started shaking afterward from how hard he began crying . 

That night Hoseok cried himself to sleep, holding Yoongi close to his chest, the younger consoling him as much as he could. 

a/n
R.I.P to our dear angel Haechannie 

I'm evil, deadass