🌹63 ~ Guilty as charged

Hoseok watched as the ambulance took Yoongi's body away, the mafia boss hoping the small male would be okay. He knows this couldn't have been easy for him, he also guessed that when Yoongi woke up he'd be extremely confused. 

"Hoseok, we need to go before those cops search the place for evidence, plus we need to get you fixed up," the male beside Hoseok stated, the two were on a hill away from where Hoseok left Yoongi.

Once Hoseok knew Yoongi was on his way to the hospital he nodded, "okay, lets go then." 

<><><>

The mafia boss jolted away, increasing pain shooting through his body as he did that simple action, a pained sigh escaping his lips as he did. 

It had been a full 24 hours since the accident, Hoseok receiving multiple messages from Jimin, NamJoon, Taehyung, and some from other heavily involved people in his mafia; all of them wondering the same thing; Where the fuck he was. 

He decided not to answer any of the messages, giving himself time to rest. He was well aware NamJoon was capable enough to take the lead while he was gone for a bit, he wasn't Hoseok's right hand to just sit there and do nothing. 

"I'm glad you're awake," the same male who helped Hoseok chuckled, the mafia boss smiling slightly. "Your pain gone yet?"

"Nope, Han, but I can deal with it," Hoseok assured, laying back on the bed. 

Han was Ceelia's older brother, the older male loving Hoseok as if he was his own sibling. Han didn't blame Hoseok for his younger sisters death, but he did feel they both could have taken steps to avoid it. Hoseok hasn't spoken to Han in almost two years, the male older than Hoseok by six years, but this time he needed his help. 

"Good, because you need to go," Han chuckled, seating himself at the edge of the bed Hoseok was using, "Juna is wondering where I am." 

Hoseok sighed, the main reason he hasn't spoken to Han in years is because the male left the mafia world. Yes, he was apart of a mafia as well but Ceelia wasn't. Han worked as a doctor for the people who got hurt but could fight when needed. The elder had two kids, and a beautiful wife, she being the main reason he left in the first place. 

The mafia boss looked at him pleadingly, "Please Han, one more day!"

"Hoseok," he told in an affirmative tone, his blue eyes showing authority, "I have two young children, a wife, I can't get back into-"

"And i'm not asking you too get back in this world, I just need somewhere to rest, lay low for a bit. You act like I'm in your house!" 

When Han got the call from Hoseok, he was trying to sleep. Though when he saw the caller ID, he instantly knew it was an emergency since Hoseok promised to only call him when it was absolutely necessary. He brought the injured boss to an apartment he had away from his home, he wouldn't let his family get hurt. 

Han now sighed, "Still, if someone follows me then it puts my kids in danger!"

"How are they? Junhee and Ceelia were their names, yes?" Hoseok asked, clearly changing the topic. 

The elder had named his youngest daughter after his dead sister, to keep her memory alive in his heart, she is two years old. Junhee is his eldest son, only nine years old.

"They're great, just two days ago Cee- wait," Han interrupted himself, giving Hoseok an accusing glare, "you just tried to change the topic, didn't you?"

Hoseok shrugged, chuckling a bit after, "Guilty as charged." 

Han shook his head with a playful smile, "I'm serious, though, Hoseok you need to leave. I can't risk my family."

The mafia boss nodded, "Okay, but I need one more favor before I finally leave."

The elder rolled his eyes, "and that favor is?"

"Can you bring me to the hospital, I need to see someone."

<><><>

"Hi, I'm here to see Min Yoongi," Han told in a soothing tone as he stared at the woman at the front desk, his hands interlocked in front of him as he crossed his legs. 

The woman gave him a bored look, "You realize it's way past visiting hours, right?" 

Han sighed, looking at the time. It was indeed 2 hours past the visiting time, but he didn't care, "Noona, please. Could I just get his room number? Then tomorrow I can check in and go straight to him, i'm a dear friend of his!" 

The lady rolled her eyes, "He's in room 309, now leave and come back tomorrow."

As the woman remained distracted with Han, Hoseok walked right past the front desk listening to their conversation and hearing the room Yoongi was in. 

He swiftly made his way to Yoongi's room, easily opening the door and sighing in relief once he was finally inside, sending Han a quick thumbs up to tell him he made it to the room. 

Hoseok looked at Yoongis sleeping figure, the males delicate yet prominent features outlined in the moons light. Quietly, Hoseok pulled a chair next to Yoongi's bed; glad the younger was sleeping peacefully and wouldn't know he was here. 

"Hi, sweetheart," he began, refraining from touching Yoongi incase he'd wake up, "I know you're not going to hear any of this, but I want to say it incase in some way you remember it when you wake up tomorrow." 

The mafia boss held back tears as he looked at the IVs connected to the younger male, the bruises on his body, and only imagining the pain he must be going through physically, emotionally, and mentally. 

"I'm so-sorry," he apologized, letting some tears escape as he did, finally placing his hand on top of Yoongi's, "I'm sorry I broke your heart, and I'm sorry that I didn't save you sooner than I did. I should have never ever let you leave that night, I shouldn't have tried to hurt you when we were both in pain."

At this point tears were streaming down Hoseoks face, his chest tightened as his throat began to close up on him from all the emotions he was feeling. The pain and thoughts that coursed through his body was something he had never felt before, not when Ceelia died, not when he killed his mother, not even when Haechan died. This pain was something different, this pain could only be described as heartbreak.

Hoseok let his head lean on the bed, letting his tears just fall, the male allowing this pain to consume him instead of pushing it away, "I love you so much, and I hate myself for doing what I did to you, I shouldn't have ever let you go; but I know now I have too," now he looked up, staring at Yoongi's beautiful face and letting a smile shine through his broken features, "I need to let you go, so you can be safe and away from me and the pain I cause you. I want to keep you safe and I know I can't do that entirely and I hate myself for knowing I can't." 

The mafia boss looked at the time, sighing to himself, he needed to leave. 

Hoseok leaned over towards Yoongi, the male pressing his lips against the youngers forehead in a soft tender kiss, whispering quietly, "I love you, sweetheart, and if this is the last time I see you I want you to know I'm sorry for everything."

The orange haired male looked at Yoongi once again before finally leaving the room and going back to Han. 

Once the door clicked shut Yoongi opened his eyes, letting the sob he was holding in out and the tears he held back free.

a/n
Hoseok went from a mafia boss that promised himself he would never love anyone again, to someone who admitted his love in a heartbreaking scene to a "sleeping" Yoongi; oh how i love character development.