Jungkook ♡ Sketchbook

I sat in the corner of the cafe sketching like I always do. It's the best cafe in the city, in my opinion. I say it's better than Starbucks.
I see the barista making his way over to me. I quickly flip a page in my sketchbook and start pretending to work on another sketch. He gets to my table and sets the coffee down.

"Here's your cappuccino." He smiles.
"Thank you."
"My pleasure."

He walks away and I sigh before flipping back to the sketch I was working on previously. I glance up and see the cute barista behind the counter messing with the cash register. Over the past few visits here I've learned his name, Jungkook. I only know that because I looked at his name tag. I wouldn't dare try to carry on a conversation with him. I'm too shy.
I take a sip of my cappuccino and continue to sketch the cute barista. The sketch is of him standing behind the counter. I try to capture the way his nose curves and the slight waves in his hair.

(Wavy hair Jungkook for the win 😔✊🏻)

I finished the sketch and initialed it. This is just one Jungkook sketch of many. I know it seems creepy, sketching someone constantly without them knowing, but I guess you can say he's my muse?

I finished my coffee and started putting away my sketching pencils. My phone rang just as I slipped my sketchbook into my bag. I quickly scrambled to get my phone and answer it.

"Hello? Wait wait, what? Oh my gosh. Okay I'll be there in a minute." I stand up and scurry out of the cafe.

Jungkook's POV

I head over to the table by the window to collect any dirty cups or plates. I stop when I notice a medium sized brown leather sketchbook laying on the floor. I bend down and pick it up.

Someone must have dropped it.

I flip the book over in my hands and look at the back of it.

Who could this belong to?

I think back on which customers I served today and if any of them were sketching. Suddenly it's like a lightbulb went off. I removed a girl sitting over here about an hour ago sketching. She ordered a cappuccino. She comes in here often, but what are the chances I run into her again?

I go and put the sketchbook behind the counter for safe keeping. After that I go clean the table and collect the empty cup. My thoughts drift to the sketchbook behind the counter. I wonder what's in it. I can't seem to shake off the feeling of wanting to be a little nosey. When I finish cleaning up I grab the sketchbook out from under the counter. I was hesitant to open it at first. Before I could change my mind I opened the book. The first thing I saw was an elaborate sketch of buildings and small stores. I recognized the scene immediately. I flipped the page and saw more sketches of the street and random buildings around Seoul. As I flip through the book I start seeing familiar sketches of a barista. I stop and analyze the many sketches.

"It's me." I whisper to myself.

My heart thumps in my chest.

She's been sketching me this whole time?

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think she was cute.
I look at the initials on the drawing. I sigh.
This won't be much help. All I can do is hope that I see her in here again soon.

Your POV

I sigh and flop down on my couch. I had to rush out of the cafe earlier because of some emergency which turned out to be not so big of an emergency as my friend made it out to be. I grab my bag and reach for my sketchbook. I furrow my brows when I don't feel it in the bag. I open it up and look inside.

Oh no.

I start pulling everything out in hopes that it would just appear, but of course it didn't.

Where on earth could I have lost it?

My heart drops as I realize where my sketchbook could be.

The cafe.

I was in such a hurry to leave earlier I must have forgotten to zip my bag or just completely missed and dropped it on the floor thinking I was putting it in my bag.
It's too late to go get it now, the cafe is closed.

"Oh no."

I realize that there's a possibility Jungkook could have gotten a hold of it.

"Oh no." I repeat and bury my face in my hands.

***

I didn't sleep at all last night. As soon as it was time for the cafe I open I got ready and headed down there as fast as I could.
I walked in and headed straight to the counter.

My heart almost stops when I see Jungkook come out from the back. His eyes widen when he sees me.

"Um... excuse me, have you see a-"
"Sketchbook?" He finished my sentence for me.
"Y-Yeah." I stutter.
"It's right here." He says pulling it out from under the counter.
"Thank you. Uh... you didn't... look through it, did you?"
He looked away guiltily.
"Oh no." I murmured as I took the sketchbook.
"You're very talented. I'm flattered that you wanted to sketch me so much." He said.
"You are?"
"Yeah."
"You don't think it's weird?" I asked.
"No." He smiled. "I like to draw a little myself. I understand what it's like to have a muse."
"M-Muse?"
"Yeah. That's what I am to you, right?" He asked.
"Um." I looked off to the side. "Yes."
"How would you like to add a new sketch to that book? A close up of me, sitting across from you at dinner."
"Excuse me?" I asked, bewildered.
"Will you go on a date with me?"
"You want to go on a date with me?" I asked.
"No, I want you to go on a date with me." He said.
I stifled a laugh.
"Okay. I'd love to go on a date with you."
"Good. I'm thankful this worked out because uh... I put my number in your sketchbook."
I could feel myself blushing a little. This guy is smooth.
"I hope you don't mind."
"Not at all."
"Ah. I never gave you my name. I mean you can clearly see it on my name tag but I should introduce myself properly. I'm Jungkook."
"Nice to finally meet you properly Jungkook. I'm Y/n."
"That's a pretty name. I kept looking at the initials on your drawings, but I couldn't possible figure out your name."
I chuckled and glanced behind me seeing a couple people in line.
"You've got some customers. I should go."
"Right."
"I'll text you." I said stepping to the side.
He nodded.
I waved awkwardly and left the cafe feeling extremely giddy.

Maybe losing my sketchbook wasn't so bad after all.

____________________________________
There will not be a part 2

QOTD: Are you a coffee or tea person?

AOTD: I like both. I looove Starbucks coffee. I haven't tried many teas, but I was at the mall a long time ago and tried some tea samples at Teavana and it was delicious.