Hoseok ♡ Merman AU [request]

Fanart is by xopaswastaken on Instagram

Flashback
Age: 9

"Hobi! Hobi!" I shout and run over to our special meeting place.
"Y/n!"

I took a seat on the rock and watched as Hoseok swam towards me, his tail flicking around in the water. He took a seat beside me and gave me a hug.

"Look what I found today." He grinned and showed me a small bracelet with diamonds on it.
"Wow! It's so pretty Hobi."
"It's for you." He said holding it out.
"Really?!"
He nodded.
"Let me put it on for you."

I held my arm out and watched as he clipped the bracelet on me. It was slightly big but I didn't care.

"It looks so nice on you." Hoseok grinned.

Flashback
Age 13

"Oh! Y/n you got your hair cut!"
"I did. School is starting soon and I wanted a new look. Plus I want to look now that I'm a teenager." I said flipping my hair.
"You already look cool Y/n." He said.
"Thank you Hobi." I grinned and ruffled his hair.
"Oh! I almost forgot! I got an iPod for my birthday."
"What's an iPod?"
"It's a tiny device that stores music. Look, I brought it with me."

I pulled it out and turned it on, Hoseok watching in amazement.

"Here's a headphone." I said handing one to him.
"Woah. What's this? A headphone?"
"You put it in your ear. It's so you can listen to music without disturbing others."
"Waahhh!"

He put in the headphone and I picked a song I had been listening to a lot lately.

"I hear music!" He squeaked excitedly.
"Yes."
"This is so cool! I want an iPod."
"This is electronic though."
"Oh no." He frowned. "I can't use it underwater."
"Hey, it's okay. I'll bring this with me so we can listen to music together when I come see you."
"Okay!" He beamed.

Flashback
Age 18

"So graduation is coming up."
"Graduation!"
"Do you have graduation where you're from?" I ask.
"Yeah, but we don't have a ceremony for it or anything."
"Well, you'll be graduating soon too, right?"
He nodded.
"Y/n when you graduate doesn't that mean you'll move off to college and stuff?"
"What? No. I'm not going to college."
"You're not?"
"No."
"Why?"
"I just don't want to." I shrugged. "Plus, if I ever change my mind I can always do it online."
"Online. Isn't that on the Internet?" He asked tilting his head to the side.
I nodded and smiled.
"Oh! Do you have that iPod?" He asked.
"Well, I have an iPhone now."
"Oh yeah. I forgot haha. Isn't it like a telephone but you can take it with you?"
I nodded.
"All my friends are jealous that I know so much about the human world. I go tell them about iPhones and iPods and all the cool stuff you have and they're blown away. I'm the smartest merman in the sea I bet." He said cockily.
"Don't get ahead of yourself." I chuckled.

Present day

"We've been living here for a long time and we're ready for a change. What do you think Y/n?" Dad asked.

I looked down at the bracelet Hoseok gave me all those years ago. I don't want to leave him, plus I like it here.

"I like it here though."
"No sweetheart." Mom chuckled. "You've been talking about wanting a place of your own and your dad and I found a place a few miles away and we were wanting to know if you'd be okay with us moving."
"Yes of course I'm fine with you guys moving, but what about this house?"
"You can have it." Dad said.
"What?!"
"Yes. You can keep all the furniture if you'd like, or you can sell it. We don't care."
"Are you serious?"
"Yes."
"Of course I'll take the house! Thank you so much!"