Taehyung ♡ Reunited Love

Flashback

I leaned over the sink moving closer to the mirror, carefully blending foundation onto my face. I applied the rest of my makeup slowly and precisely. I want everything to be perfect. Today is mine and Taehyung's one year anniversary together. I put on the best outfit I own just for this occasion.

Taehyung asked that we meet up at a nearby park. It's one of my favorites and I'm sure he has something romantic planned. I haven't prepared much for him, just a letter and a bottle of his favorite cologne. I poured my heart and soul into the letter, talking about how much I love Taehyung and how he's stuck with me for so long. I'm looking forward to the years I spend with him in the future.

I head out the door and make my way to the park, my heart beating rapidly in my chest.

I see the sign with the park name on it getting closer. I clutch the small purple gift bag in my hand as I make my way to the park. I follow the cobblestone path until I reach the bench Taehyung and I have sat on many times before.

There he is. His back is faced towards me and he appears to be looking down at his lap, his head hung low.
I slowly approach him, my heart pounding. I hold the gift bag behind my back and speak up.

"Hi Tae."

His posture changes instantly. He straightens up and turns toward me.

"Y/n! Hi." He doesn't sound as enthusiastic as I thought he would. "Sit down." He motions.
I take a seat next to him on the bench, the gift still hidden.
"You seem a little off today. Is everything okay?"
"No." He sighed. "Not really."
"What is it? You can tell me." I reach out and place my hand on his.
He nods and pulling his hand out from under mine and pushing his hair back.
"I've been thinking about a lot of things lately, us being one of them."
I look at him, silently urging him to continue.
"I'm just thinking that..." He trailed off, my heart sinking.
"Go on." I spoke up, my voice cracking.
I know what's coming, I just want to hear him say it.
He sighed before continuing. "We should break up, Y/n."
"Why?" I asked. "How did you come to that conclusion?"
"I just don't feel the same anymore." He said, his voice fading.
"Is it someone else?" I asked.
"No, I would never cheat on you."
"So... you just got tired of me? Is that it?"
"No." He shook his head. "I just don't feel the way I used to feel."
I nod my head somberly.
"I understand." I mutter and stand up.
"Y/n I'm so sorry." Taehyung stands, reaching out. I jerk my arm away before he can touch me.
"No." I say quietly. "Don't."
The gift I brought for Taehyung is in my hand, the handle on the bag hanging from my fingers.
I see Taehyung's eyes flick down to the bag. His mouth drops into a deeper frown, his eyes sad.
"Y/n I-"
I shake my head, my eyes starting to get watery. I turn around and leave the park without saying another word.

***

I get home and throw the gift bag somewhere in my room before falling onto my bed in a fit of sobs.
My heart aches, hurting more each time I replay the events from just minutes ago.

One week later

I've shut myself away in my house, not wanting to go out, not wanting to run into him. I glance over to the corner of my room, the purple gift bag crumpled on the ground, the contents inside dumped out beside it.

I walk over and pick up the new bottle of cologne and the letter I spent so long writing. I take the letter and shove it in a drawer, not wanting to see it. I hold the cologne in my hand staring at the box.