Yoongi ♡ Imaginary Friend

It all started when I was little, maybe around ten. I had this "imaginary friend". His name was Yoongi and we spent every day together. I would tell him what happened at school and show him my favorite songs. I told my parents about him and they thought it was cute that I had an imaginary friend, that is until I started spending more time in my room than outside with friends.

"Y/n why don't you go play with the neighbors?"
"I don't want to. I'm hanging out with Yoongi." I would say.
"Y/n, Yoongi isn't real."
"Yes he is. He's sitting right next to me. Can't you see him?"

I won't forget the look of horror on my mom's face that day.

I started seeing more of these "imaginary friends" as I got older and me being so young and naive I would talk to these friends. Come to find out they were dead.

Hi. I'm L/n Y/n and I can see ghosts.

"You need to keep this a secret. No one can know you see... ghosts." My mom said.
"Okay." I nod.
"If you see any ghosts just ignore them. Don't look at them and pretend you can't see them." My dad said.
I nod.

I was thirteen.

When I was sixteen I had tried to keep Yoongi a secret. Pretending I wasn't still in contact with him. That is until my mom walked by my room one day and overheard me.

"So like... why are you here? How are you here? I thought when people died they went to heaven." I said fiddling with a loose string on my comforter.
"I'm stuck in an in between place."
"Wait. Like limbo?"
"Yeah." He nodded.
"So, do you have unfinished business or something?"
"I don't know." He shrugged.

My mom opened the door, a shocked look on her face.

"Who are you talking to?" She asked.
"Uh... myself."
She clearly didn't believe me.
"Y/n."
"I was."
"Come here."
I turn to where Yoongi was, but he disappeared. I sighed and stood up following her out of the room.
"I thought you stopped talking to him. I thought you couldn't see any of that stuff anymore."
"Of course I can still see that kind of stuff! It doesn't just go away!"
"How do you know that?"
"I don't."
"Have you been talking to him the whole time?" She asked.
"Yeah." I nod. "I swear he's the only ghost I've been in contact with."
"Y/n. You can't talk to him anymore."
"What? Why not?"
"Because it's not normal."
"Mom, if you haven't already realized, I'm not normal. I see freaking dead people. I'll never be able to change that."
"You don't know that." She sighed. "Listen, my mother, your grandmother..." she trailed off. "She could see ghosts too, but she embraced it. She would talk to them all the time and I hated it. I was hoping it wouldn't be passed down, so you can imagine how... shocked I was to find out you had the gift too."
"Look, I've been keeping it a secret. I don't talk to anyone else except Yoongi."
"I know sweetheart but you have to stop communicating with him."
"I don't-"
"Y/n." She looked me straight in the eyes. "Stop talking to him."
"Okay." I sigh.
"Thank you." She gave me a soft smile, kissing my forehead before waking off.
I lower my head and walk back into my room, Yoongi still isn't there. I grab one of my school books and start doing work. About five minutes in I spot Yoongi out the corner of my eye.

"What happened?" He asked taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

Don't talk to him Y/n. Don't say anything.
I don't look up from my book.

"Hey. Is everything alright?"
I suck in a deep breath and exhale, trying my best not to respond.
"Hello? Y/n? Why aren't you saying anything? I know you can hear me."
He lets out a sigh. "Y/n."
I can't speak to him.
"Okay fine. You want to be alone. I'll just come back later."