Skater Boy

I wiped the sweat of my forehead, biting my lip to hide the huge smile threatening to take over my face. I'd just mastered a trick on my skateboard that I've worked on for months. Standing at the top of the ramp, I re-tied my blonde locks into a tighter ponytail. The sky was gray, and it seemed like it was going to rain. My skin crawled with goosebumps as a strong breeze passed over the skate park.

"Hey."

I turned to my left and was greeted by huge, happy sea-green eyes. A guy around my age smiled, his hand running through his black hair. Until that moment, I had always thought blondes were my type. Apparently I was wrong.

"Uh, hi."

"New here?" He blushed slightly, looking down at his toes. "'Cause I've, uh, never seen you here before. Not that I'm like stalking you or anything." My lips pulled together into a smirk.

"Aren't skater boys supposed to be smooth and too-cool-for-everyone?" He smiled and shrugged.

"Limited edition, I guess. I'm Percy."

After we talked for awhile, Percy and I had a competition on the ramp, which I obviously won.

"Jeez, Annabeth," he said, pulling his hoodie off his head. "Are you-" Thunder boomed in the background, then rain started to pour down. My curls instantly became drenched, and my mouth fell open in surprise. Percy's eyes widened, and he took my hand and ran with me to an unknown location. "My car's across the parking lot," he told, his eye squinting to keep water out of them. He unzipped his sweater and threw it over my shoulders, his hand still in mine. The thought made me blush. We ran across the parking lot, skateboards in hand, as rain came crashing down on us. I laughed despite myself, and with one look, Percy started to laugh too. I noticed the way his eyes seemed to glow when he did.

Soon, we were at his car, and he opened the passenger door for me. I rolled my eyes, telling him there was no time to be a gentleman. He shrugged and said it's always necessary. Once in the car, Percy and I started to pant like dogs.

"Thanks," I said. "Most people wouldn't let a stranger get in their car."

"You're not a stranger," he said. "Plus, if I let you run off home, how would I have gotten your number?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Where did the sweet and innocent Percy go?" He laughed.

He said, "I'm right here." The rain made a crack sound against the window. "And if you let me, I'll stay right here."

"Dad, I'm scared." Percy furrowed his eyebrows, like he didn't understand the meaning of the word.

"Silena, it's not scary. Trust me, once you learn to skateboard, you won't want to stop."

"Why do you guys want me to learn so bad?" she insisted. Her bright, sea-green eyes pierced into my gray ones. "It's not very typical."

"You sound like your grandmother," Percy sighed.

"Hey!" I said, "Sally's the best."

"I was talking about your mom."

"Guys!" Silena put her foot on the board and waved her arms frantically. "Look, I'm gonna go now. Just don't fight, jeez." She pushed the other foot back, and threw her arms out to keep her balance.

"She's doing it," I said. Percy smiled down at me, his eyes and radiant as ever.

"That's my kid!" he yelled. "Six year-old and already on the board! Beat that, karate kid!" I face-palmed. He kissed me.

"Gross!" Silena said. He was on the other side on the street, her hands on her hips and her face scrunched up. I watched my husband run over to her, pick her up, and pepper her face with kisses as she squealed and laughed. I smiled, glanced at the skateboard ramp to my right, and joined my family.

I'm so sorry it's been awhile since I've updated, but I have a break this weekend, so I'm going to try to upload quite a few. Thanks for reading and if you liked it, give it a vote!