Lie at First Sight

"Baby!"

    I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, turning to find an extremely attractive girl rushing towards me. Her gray eyes were eyeing me desperately, but her tone was upbeat and confident.

    She grabbed my hand tightly and looked up into my eyes sweetly, like we'd been dating our whole lives.

    "Wha-"

    "I was just telling Luke about you, and how we've been together for years!"

    Oh.

    Luke Castellan, Class-A asscrack. He was known around campus as a pervert and overall arrogant jerk, and he didn't respect girls' boundaries at all. I finally understood what was happening.

    I spun around, the girl's hand still in mine, and smiled widely at Luke. His eyes were red-shot, his eyelids nearly closed.

    "You're with him?" Luke asked. He turned towards me and sneered, "you're that little big-shot on the swim team, aren't you? That freshman that coach adores. Yeah...yeah, that's you."

    Perhaps if he was sober, I would try to explain to him that I worked my ass off for a scholarship to ISU (Illinois State University), and that I'd be damned if someone like himself got in the way of that.

    Instead, I just tightened my grip on the girl's hand and narrowed my eyes at him.

    "Just stay away from her, Luke. She's not into perverts like you."

    Luke laughed. "Shut up, Jackson. You're lucky I'm...that I'm..." He began to sway like a palm tree in the wind, and I left, disgusted. I didn't realize that the girl's hand was still in mine until I was in the kitchen.

    "Sorry about Luke," I said. "He's an ass."

    "Sorry I pretended to be your girlfriend," she replied. She tucked a strand of her golden curls behind her ear, which sent my heart into a frenzy. God, I needed to get a grip.

    "It's okay," I shrugged. "I didn't hate it, really."

    Her eyes widened, and she raised her eyebrows. I panicked.

    "No, no! I didn't mean it in a creepy way, I just meant..." My face grew hot as I tried to think of a proper explanation. "I'm just saying that you're really pretty, and I...I don't really..."

    That's when she burst into laughter, but I didn't ignore the fact that her cheeks were a bit red.

    "You're cute," she decided after her laughter had subsided. "And if you don't mind, I think I'll have to keep you."

    I didn't mind. But there was one thing nagging at me...

    "So...beautiful girl who might have to keep me, what's your name?"

so first of all, thank you all so so so much for 29 thousand reads, it means the world to me:,))
sorry i have updated, had some terrible writers block and just other things going on that didn't allow me to think peacefully
i really want to update all other stories soon, and i'm trying!! please bear with me and my unorganized self
have a great day tho!! or night, since i'm uploading this when i should be sleeping