A Day for Dads

Percy wasn't really sure if this was a good idea.

Poseidon had suggested that the two of them meet up and try to bond, and Percy was sure it was because of what he had said after the Titan War ended. He basically told the Olympian Gods to pay more attention to their kids.

"You don't need to be nervous," Annabeth assured him. She ruffled his hair a bit, and he leaned into her soft touch. "You should be happy that he's making an effort to get to know you."

Percy sighed. "I'm worried he won't like me."

Annabeth laughed. She covered her mouth as she snorted. "Are you kidding me?" she said. "He loves you. You're the savior of Olympus."

"That's what I'm saying," he replied. "Baby, they have me on some pedestal, like I'm perfect. They were going to make me a god. I'm afraid that if he meets the real me..." Percy sighed. "I'm afraid he'll think I'm pathetic."

She stayed quiet. Annabeth wrapped her arms him and kissed the side of his head. Despite Percy's prior beliefs, Annabeth actually loved affection. He placed his head in the crook of her neck and hugged her back.

They cuddled for awhile before Annabeth asked, "better?" Percy did feel better, but he shook his head no just to cuddle with her more.

;;;

"So," Percy said. "Are we almost there?"

Poseidon smiled. "Almost. I think you'll like this place."

They soared in the sky as two pegasi carried them. Percy wasn't allowed to look down, and Poseidon just kept smiling. It was weird; having a father-son bonding day when said father was a Greek God.

Finally, they began to fly towards the ground. Percy couldn't hold his excitement anymore.

When he looked down, he gasped.

"Welcome to Montauk," Poseidon said proudly.

;;;

An hour later, Percy and Poseidon were walking barefoot along the shore, talking.

"Wait, you were a lifeguard?" Percy asked.

"I was bored on Olympus, so I got a job," Poseidon said. "That's how I met your mother."

"Like that show."

"Huh?"

"Nevermind," Percy dismisses. "But that's weird...then did you guys just come and stay here for the summer?"

"Yeah." Poseidon looked down at the ground, then back up. His eyes were swirling, like a storm. "Percy...I want you to know that I stayed. I stayed for three months before Zeus forced me back up to Olympus. I would've stayed forever, if it weren't for the Pact. I love your mother."

Percy suddenly recalled a warm glow, a powerful presence from his youth. He  always thought he'd imagined that, or that it was a dream.

"I know," he replied. He didn't really know if his father was telling the truth, but he didn't want to make him feel any worse.

A sly smile grew on Poseidon's face as he nudged Percy and said, "and you love that blonde girl, huh?"

Percy's entire face grew red. He- Okay, he was definitely in love with her, but they hadn't exactly said it. He was waiting for the perfect moment.

"Annabeth, yeah," he said. "Yeah, I love her."

He felt as if a weight had been taken off of his shoulders. Poseidon smiled.

"You know," he said. "I didn't like her at first since her mother's an arrogant jerk, but Annabeth seems okay."

"She's more than okay," Percy corrected. "She's smart, beautiful, compassionate, stubborn, she makes such good brownies-"

"Okay, I get the point."

They walked in silence for a few seconds before Poseidon said, "son, don't make the same mistake I did. If you love her, and you think she's the one for you, stay with her. No matter what anyone says, or makes you do, stay."

Although Percy had never had even a thought about leaving Annabeth, hearing that from his father really made him happy. It showed that Poseidon cared about Percy more than his rivalry with Athena.

"Okay, Dad," he said.

A blush tinted his cheeks when he realized what he just called Poseidon. The Sea God turned around slowly. "Did you just call me Dad?"

Percy looked down at the ground, embarrassed. Before he could say anything else, Poseidon wrapped his arms around him tightly.

After a few moments of shock, Percy hugged him back.

"I love you," Poseidon whispered.

Percy blinked back happy tears. "I love you too, Dad."

OMGOMGOMG 60k READS. thank you so so so much!! that's literally INSANE and i'm so grateful:)