The Assistant Part 2

I'm soo sorry I haven't posted in a long time, but if you're reading this I want you to know I really, really appreciate you on so many different levels. I love writing, and I'm hoping to pursue it in the future. I'm probably going to do a spree of stories soon, so stick around. Again, thank you for reading. 

Annabeth was working on the salaries of the employees for the next year when Percy walked in.

"Good morning," he said, his face erupting into a grin. She looked up and noticed a brown paper bag swinging in his hand.

"Hello."

"I brought donuts. I hope you like chocolate." Annabeth furrowed her eyebrows, surprised at the gesture.

"I do, thank you."

"No prob."

There was a silence as she opened the bag that he had set on her desk and smiled at what she saw inside. A large Long John stared back at her, glazed in the sweetest flavor she'd ever tasted. Man, did she love chocolate. Annabeth took it out and bit into it, humming in approval. She didn't even notice that she'd closed her eyes until she opened them to see Percy watching her with a small smile on his face. Butterflies swarmed her stomach.

"Sorry," she murmured. He waved it off and looked down for a few seconds, trying to hide his light blush.

"So...do I clean or...?"

"Oh, um..." Annabeth moved some papers aside, revealing an office phone. The first thing she thought was, Dunder Mifflin, this is Pam. "Can you just answer phone calls throughout the day? All you have to tell them is that I'm in meetings unless it's Nico di Angelo, Frank Zhang, or Clarisse de la Rude-uh, I mean Rue." Percy smirked.

"You don't like her?"

"She's a bitch, but they're my top clients. Everyone else can wait while I attempt to get my shit together for a week."

"Hm."

They worked for hours. Well, more like Annabeth worked while Percy answered a few calls here and there and mostly made jokes. He was extremely clumsy, knocking something over every five minutes, but it was okay because he would always have the same shocked and guilty expression, and Annabeth would always end up shaking her head and laughing.

Lunch came soon. She threw her pencil down, and it bounced off the table and almost hit Percy in the eye.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" she said, standing over him to check if he was okay. Percy smiled.

"It's fine, but if you really want to make it up to me, you'll let me buy you lunch."

Annabeth had to take a moment to process what he said, but when she did, she narrowed her eyes.

"But I was the one who almost hit you. If anything, I should be the one paying-"

"God, Annabeth! I'm asking you on a date. It's so cute how oblivious you are." He was smiling at her, and she finally recognized the look a his face. A little dreamy, with a bit of hope, too. She blushed because it was for her.

"Oh, I-" She stopped talking, then nodded rapidly. Percy rolled his eyes playfully and grabbed her hand, pulling her out of her office.

"You, Miss-Know-It-All, will be the death of me."

"Is that so?"

"Positive."

Their date went extremely well, which led to a second date, and a third where Percy asked Annabeth to be his girlfriend. She thought about it because, after all, she was a busy girl. Then, she remembered when she had accepted the fact that she needed a break, and without surprise, realized that Percy was her break.

(He was her break for the rest of her life;))

And it's done ! Vote in you enjoyed it !