I Love You Like an Enemy

"I just don't understand why you had to ruin my favorite romance story with your stupid threats," Aphrodite whined. "He was going to make a move and you know it."

"That's exactly it," Athena said, rolling her eyes. "No daughter of mine is going to date a sea spawn like himself. He was an accident, anyway."

"He wasn't an accident," Poseidon fumed. "I broke the oath, yes, but I love Sally Jackson. He was conceived of-"

"We get it," Apollo piped up. "You're in love and you'll never get over her, blah blah blah. Can we move on to the real question; who ate all the peanut butter?"

"That was me," Ares admitted. He slouched in his throne as he picked at his finger nails. "I tend to stress eat when Aphrodite starts going on about her love birds."

"The ones that you tried to kill!" she protested. "I'm still mad at you for that."

"Enough!" Athena yelled. The four other Olympians stared at her. "They are not love birds. She is a respectable young lady, and he's just a dumb little boy who happens to be good in combat."

"Good?" Poseidon snorted. "He's better than your precious Annabelle will ever be."

"Her name is Annabeth!"

"Direct to the point in time in which I asked."

"You son of a bi-"

"OKAY!" Aphrodite shouted. "Gods, what is it with you two? You're always bickering. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you two were secretly in love."

Everything went dead silent for a few moments before Aphrodite's face broke out into a grin. "Wait-"

"That makes so much sense!" Apollo cried.

"I knew it!" Ares agreed. "Even I don't hold grudges that long. Besides, you guys were actually becoming civil with each other before Poseidon met Sally..."

Aphrodite whipped her head around to face Athena. "Is that why you hate Percy so much?"

"No!" Athena denied. She waved her hands around frantically. "No, no, no. I've never-"

"I'm technically her uncle," Poseidon added. "That's-"

"Dude," Apollo chuckled. "We're Greek. And since when do you have boundaries?"

"Shut up, Sunshine."

"I actually prefer the name 'Hot Stuff'-"

"Guys!" Aphrodite gushed. "You're forgetting what's important. Athena is in love with Poseidon!"

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!" Athena yelled, causing the picture frames on the wall to shake. The ground beneath them shook like an earthquake, and the other Olympians watched the goddess with fear. Athena coughed awkwardly. "Sorry," she said. "Just- drop it, okay? I hate Poseidon."

"Ditto," Poseidon agreed. "I mean- I hate you, not myself."

Athena rolled her eyes and hopped off her throne, making her way to the exit. She needed a walk, that was all.

The other gods continued to laugh and talk, but Aphrodite felt a pang of guilt. She could tell what Athena was feeling, and she knew how the war goddess really felt.

Aphrodite had been meaning to talk to her about it for years, but she was always too absorbed in herself to actually check up on her. Now, it was too late. The damage was done.

On the bright side, Aphrodite also knew how Poseidon felt. She could sense his racing pulse whenever the wisdom goddess entered the room, and she caught his short, loving glances towards Athena when he thought no one was looking.

Aphrodite hoped it all worked out in the end. She had always loved the classic "rivals falling in love" scenario, anyway.

woah athena and poseidon😳
i've ever written them together because i think their rivalry is hilarious, but i'm trying this out for this one chapter. let me know what u think:)
don't forget to vote!!