Just a Little Bit In Love

"Oh no. Percy down."

I rolled my eyes at Leo. He flashed me with a knowing look and continued to munch on his fries covered in excessive amounts of ketchup.

"Shut up," I replied. "You stare at Calypso way more."

"Yeah. You know why? Because she's my girlfriend. You know how that happened? Because I fessed up my feelings for her and took her on a da-"

"Alright, alright," I waved him off, turning back to glance at Annabeth. "I get it."

"I never thought I'd say this," Jason adds, "but Leo's right. Annabeth totally likes you back."

I snorted, "maybe when she's drunk, which is never since she's such a fucking angel-"

Grover groaned beside me. "At least let me eat before you start drooling all over the place."

"I am not drooling!" I protested. "She just looks really pretty all the time and she's perfect. Sue me."

All the way across the lunch room, Annabeth was wearing a plaid skirt with a white short sleeve shirt, matched with light pink Converse. Her style was basically the opposite of mine, mine consisting of mostly band t-shirts and leather jackets, but I still liked how she dressed. I loved it, actually.

"I don't see why you guys don't get together," Jason said. "You flirt all the time and you even kissed once."

I huffed, "yeah, in a game of truth or dare. And we don't flirt too much, it's mostly just me stuttering while she laughs."

"Well, yeah," Leo agreed, "but she always comes back for more, so I think she likes it."

"Who likes what?"

My eyes widened when I heard Annabeth's smooth voice behind me. I turned around in my seat.

"N-No one," I stuttered. "What's up?"

She blinked, "I was wondering if you had some gum? I didn't have a lunch today and honestly I-"

I frowned and cut her off, "oh, you can have my lunch."

Annabeth quieted. "No, no you need to eat."

"I insist. Seriously, you can have it."

She eyed the hamburger with temptation in her eyes, and I smiled at her to assure her. Yeah, I was hungry as hell, but Annabeth came before my eating habits. God, what was I turning into?

"No," she decided finally. "I just-"

"Hey," Leo interrupted, sitting up a bit. "It's either one of you love fucks eat it or I will. The choice is yours."

My face turned blood red from the comment love fucks, and I wanted to beat Leo to a pulp. Then I looked up and noticed Annabeth's beautiful blush, and I forgave Leo.

Leo's my mate, my pal.

"I'll take the lunch," she said quietly. Her blush was still there, and god help me I might've  just done something stupid like kissed her-

"Great." I passed her the lunch, and she lightly grazed the tray with her fingers before she leaned down swiftly and placed a kiss on my cheek.

The kiss couldn't have been more than one second long, but it was enough to send my heart into a frenzy. Jason looked like his eyes were about to bulge out of his head.

"Thank you, Percy," Annabeth said. She smirked like she knew exactly what I was thinking. "I really appreciate it."

I gaped at her for a few seconds before muttering, "uh...n-no problem."

She smiled one last time and started to walk away, and Leo gestured towards her frantically. He mouthed, go! and a surge of confidence filled me.

I stood up and all but ran to her, gently grasping her arm, spinning her around in the process.

Annabeth stared at me, her beautiful gray eyes confused, and my face broke out into a smile.

"Yeah?" she asked. I blinked.

"I was wondering if you would like to get dinner tonight. Like a date."

My heart raced as I awaited her response, and I knew it wasn't very punk rock to blush, but I couldn't help how red my face was getting. Annabeth smiled slowly.

"Okay," she said. "Pick me up at seven."

I sighed in relief. "Will there be a kiss involved? You know, in order to mentally prepare myself for that amazing possibility?"

Annabeth's smile was blinding. She bit her lip giddily. "Impress me on this date, Jackson. Then, we'll see."

She walked away towards her friends, who were all screaming and smiling when she arrived, saying things like, "finally!" and "took him long enough."

When I walked to my table, I didn't even care that my friends teased me about getting so red. I knew they were happy for me, and when I glanced at Annabeth across the lunch room to find her staring at me, everything was perfect.

hehe AU
i cant remember the last time i didn't write an AU. maybe i should start writing canon related things..?
THANK U FOR 14 THOUSAND READS.
I LOVE U ALL
don't forget to vote!
-isa