20k

I know most of you will skip over this, and honestly I skip over most announcements too. I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to each and every one of you.

Wattpad has become a thing in my life now that's separate from everything else. My family doesn't know about it, most of my friends don't know about it, and I hide it from everyone all the time.

I guess I like to keep my two worlds separate. There's the side of me that everyone sees: a doubtful, spontaneously optimistic girl who's probably much too hyper for her own good but has her occasional sad moments. This is the side that laughs at stupid jokes and claims she doesn't know what she wants to do with her life, that she isn't sure what's ahead for her.

And then there's this side of me. This is where I come home and write everything I feel, incorporate it into a piece of writing and publish it for anyone on the internet to see. This part of me is courageous and extroverted and confident. Here, I'm sure with all my heart that I want to be a writer. This is my favorite side of myself.

It's weird to confide in strangers to see and evaluate my work and not my family or loved ones. It'd be a shock to them if they found out that I want to write, and in fear of being shut down, I'm going to keep it quiet for a while. Hopefully one day I'll gather the courage to tell them about my dream.

But today is just another day on Wattpad. I'm so incredibly thankful that my writing had reached 20 thousand people. It's surreal to me that so many people have read it...

This app, as silly and cringy as this sounds, has given me so much confidence in myself and my writing. It's allowed me to evaluate myself and improve my skills along the way. Thank you to anyone reading this, and consider yourself lucky. My family will probably never see these works, so :)

thank you so so much.