Shut Up and Dance with Me

yeah it's based on the song. don't judge me

"Lonely?"

I sat up, a little startled at the voice behind me. I spun around in my barstool to find a pretty girl I'd never seen before. Her gray eyes focused on mine.

"Um, kind of," I said. I could feel my cheeks heat up with embarrassment when I said, "my ex-girlfriend is here with the guy she cheated on me with."

The girl raised an eyebrow in concern. I felt like kicking myself for oversharing.

"She sounds horrible," the girl said. "You shouldn't sit here and sulk in your own misery while she has fun."

"That's what my friend said," I sighed. I recalled Jason's voice telling me to make Rachel feel the same pain I did. "He said to make her jealous. I don't think I'm that type of guy though."

The girl stood in silence for a few moments. I wondered why she was still here talking to me
when there was an entire house full of party-goers to talk to.

Finally, she took my hand and brought me to my feet. I gave her a confused look, but she just smiled.

"Dance with me," she said. Before I could answer, she started pulling me out to the dance floor. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Rachel noticing me. She frowned at the sight of me with a new girl. I smiled and turned to give her a smug look, but the girl I was dancing with said, "oh don't you dare look back. Just keep your eyes on me."

I nodded. I pulled her slightly closer, and she pushed her body against mine. Again, I blushed.

"You're holding back," I said sarcastically. "I don't even know your name."

She rolled her eyes, a slight smile on her face. "Shut up," she said. She stared into my eyes and whispered, "just dance with me."

Later, I learned her name was Annabeth. I also learned that with Annabeth, it was pretty easy to forget about Rachel.

aaaand i feel like i haven't been uploading on here i'm sorryybdjdbhddb