Face Battles

another AU based on a textpost:)

Annabeth had imagined kissing Percy many times, okay?

Even at the early age of twelve, she had dreams of the two of them sitting by the beach and kissing. She thought about how his lips would feel on hers, or how fast her heart would beat. She wondered if kissing was as magical as the older campers described it.

When they kissed at Mt. St. Helen, it was quick and desperate, but it was still nice. Annabeth just wished she'd had more time to enjoy it.

Kissing on Percy's sixteenth birthday was much more fun.

He had smiled up until their lips connected, and his hands found the side of her face. Annabeth remembers the tingles that sent shock waves up and down her arms. She remembers how soft Percy's lips were, just as she'd imagined they would be.

Yeah, kissing was nice.

Now, Annabeth sits next to her boyfriend of two months, his arms wrapped around her protectively.

"Hey," she says suddenly. Percy tears his eyes away from the tv screen immediately and glances down at her. "I missed you."

He smiles slowly, his lips pulling into a smirk. His arms tighten around her and Annabeth has to stifle a sigh when he buries his head in the crook of her neck.

"Gods, Annabeth," he says. "You're so cute. Anymore of this and I'm going to faint." Percy leans in and rubs his nose against Annabeth's, pulling away shortly after and smiling at her. They watch the movie for another half hour before speaking again.

"You know," Percy says, shifting so he faces Annabeth. She turns to him with a sleepy expression. She'd nearly passed out watching the movie.

"Hm?"

"I think kissing is such a dumb word. Face battle sounds way cooler."

Annabeth blinks. Sometimes, Percy makes her question her own intelligence. Instead of pointing out the stupidity of his statement, she smiles softly.

"May I challenge you to a face battle, my love?"

Percy, taken by surprise, raises his eyebrows. After a few seconds, he smiles shyly and blushes.

He leans in and gently rubs his thumb across Annabeth's cheek. "Yeah," he says.

Annabeth doesn't really care whether Percy calls it kissing or a face battle. When he bites her lip, she smiles into the kiss. Her heart bursts with feelings as he entangles her fingers in his hair.

Yeah. Kissing is nice, especially when it's with Percy.

another textpost AU since i enjoy writing these:))
hope you liked it, don't forget to vote!!
and again, thank you SO much for 20k reads.