Into the Holiday Spirit (A Theyna Fanfic)

because sometimes, i enjoy writing about my two queens falling in love.

"Not the time, Thalia."

Thalia rolled her eyes as her roommate rushed around their dorm room, fluffing up pillows unnecessarily and cleaning excessively. She wished Reyna wasn't such a clean freak, but besides that, she was fucking amazing.

"The party started half an hour ago. I promised her I would be there!"

Reyna stopped cleaning. She turned around and, without making eye contact with Thalia, asked, "who did you promise?"

The tone in her voice was unusual. Reyna was the most confident person Thalia had ever met, and her voice reflected that. Right then, her voice was unsure and quiet.

"A girl from my biology class," Thalia replied. "Emily, remember? I told you about her one time."

Reyna's expression was hard to read. There was a glint in her eye that was making Thalia uncomfortable.

"Oh."

"I couldn't say no. Her boyfriend is the one hosting the party."

The tension immediately seemed to lift off of Reyna's shoulders and face. She smiled then, her usual composure back.

"Oh," she said, her voice taking on a lighter tone. "Oh, that's great! We wouldn't want to be late, then! Come on."

As she walked out of the room, Thalia's heart started doing that annoying gymnastics routine it does whenever Reyna's around.

Could it be possible that Reyna thought Thalia liked Emily? Why is she happy that she doesn't?

Thalia was quiet as she smiled at her best friend and followed her to Emily's dorm room.

;;;

Thalia jumped when Reyna reached for her hand.

"Sorry, Thals," she said. "I'm just uncomfortable."

Some guys had pulled out the weed, and to be honest, Thalia was uncomfortable, too. She wasn't going to say anything, but if Reyna was feeling uneasy, she would get her out of there right away.

Hell, she would do anything for that girl.

"We'll leave, then," Thalia said softly. She tightened her grip on Reyna's hand, and said goodbye to her friends.

"You can stay, if you want," Reyna said, but her eyes told a different story. Her eyes told Thalia that Reyna would prefer for her to come with her.

"Nah, it's lame. I'd rather be with you."

Reyna smirked. "You trying to be smooth, Grace?"

Thalia felt her face flush, but she smiled anyway.

She said, "maybe."

;;;

Ten minutes later, the two girls were walking around downtown, still holding hands.

Thalia honestly couldn't be happier.

She'd liked Reyna for awhile now, pretty much since they day they met. She knew her roommate was bisexual but...could she really be interested in her?

"This is really nice," Reyna said suddenly. She shrugged closer to Thalia. "We never really hangout anymore."

"Yeah, school's an ass," Thalia said. She hoped her blue eyes weren't sparkling too brightly—they tended to do that whenever she was around Reyna.

"Yeah...but, I was hoping we could..." Reyna trailed off. She tugged at her beautifully woven braid, something she only did when she was nervous.

"We could...what?" Thalia pressed.

Reyna looked up, and Thalia was surprised to find her blushing.

"Rey, are you....are you blushing?"

"Stop laughing at me!"

Thalia's face broke into a grin. "I'm not laughing."

"Yes, you are. I'll have you know that this isn't exactly easy-"

"What isn't?"

Reyna stared at Thalia. She seemed to be trying to transfer something into the other girl's brain telepathically, but Thalia wasn't getting it.

Thalia expected for Reyna to roll her eyes and walk away, but instead, she did something even more surprising.

Reyna stood up on her tip-toes and kissed Thalia firm on the lips, wrapping her arms around her neck.

After a few moments of shock, Thalia closed her eyes and kissed Reyna back, holding her tightly. They kissed hungrily and deeply, but Reyna pulled back before the kiss could become too heated.

They rested their foreheads against each other's. A snowflake landed on Thalia's jacket.

"Shit," she said. "It's snowing."

"I like the snow," Reyna admitted.

"Hard to drive in it," Thalia muttered. Reyna rolled her eyes.

"Get into the holiday spirit, you grinch."

They laughed quietly. Thalia's heart was beating super fast, but she was starting to like the feeling.

"So...you like me," she noted. Reyna rolled her eyes for what felt like the hundredth time that night.

"Yeah," she admitted. "What are you going to do about it, Thalia?"

Thalia smirked. She leaned in and let her lips hover over Reyna's as she said, "I think...I think I'm going to like you for a very long time."

They kissed again, and although the snow was hitting Thalia's face like little knives, she didn't complain. Reyna was holding her face gently, so everything was as perfect as perfect could be.

it's not percabeth but i hope u liked it:)
-isa