The Writer Side of Him

Everyone claims they know Percy Jackson.

They see him in the hallway and wave, and whenever they're asked about what he likes to do, they say, "swimming. It's his life."

No one knows about the journal.

Now, if someone were to find the journal, they probably wouldn't even know it's Percy's. He's worked out a system in case of the horrible situation in which he loses it.

He never signs it, his name is no where in the book, and Percy doesn't think anyone knows his handwriting that well, so he should be safe.

The journal consists of mostly...

God, he hates to admit this.

It's basically filled with confessions of his love towards Annabeth Chase, alright?

It's not a secret that Percy's been single since sophomore year, but it is a secret that he's been crushing on the school nerd ever since that time period. He's got it bad.

Annabeth's the most beautiful girl to ever graze the earth, in Percy's bias opinion.

Whenever he thinks of her, he recalls a memory of asking his sixth grade mythology teacher, "if a goddess came down to earth, wouldn't the humans notice a perfect being just walking around?"

And now he has an answer. Yes.

~~~

"Percy..." Grover said, drawing out his name. Percy blinked rapidly and blushed in embarrassment. He wished he could just focus on running on the treadmill like his coach wanted.

"Sorry," he apologized. "I was just...um-"

"Stalking Annabeth, yeah I know," Grover rolled his eyes. He looked towards the track team practice, spotting her right away. Grover sighed tiredly. "She likes you too, you know. Normal humans would ask her on a date."

Percy snorted.

"Ha, right. As if that perfect angel would ever like me."

Grover looked at him like he was crazy, but he just shook his head and continued his workout.

~~~

September 21st,

Luke was staring at her ass today, and I got in a fight. I hope Annabeth doesn't find out, but I just couldn't stand the fact that he was looking at her as if she was some kind of...trophy.

She's so smart and beautiful and-

Percy put his pen down and looked around idly. He was in the library, but if anyone who recognized him walked in...

She seemed sad today. It's hard to not go up to her and hug her until she's smiling like the angel I know...

Percy sighed.

This was pathetic. He hadn't even talked to her since last week, and that was only because he accidentally ran into her in the hallway and offered to help her pick up her stuff. He wondered if writing about mainly one person in a journal everyday was creepy...