true love

Annabeth looked down at Percy as he slept in her lap.

A bit of drool hung out of his mouth.

"You drool in your sleep," she recalled. Annabeth scowled and wiped his mouth. She noticed the way his hair stuck out in a different places and how he snores lightly.

How annoying.

She thought of all the things she didn't like about Percy.

He sang awfully in the shower, and he did it every time. Beyoncé was his favorite, apparently.

Percy always splashed water in her face when they were at the beach, no matter how many times Annabeth told him not to.

Sometimes, he could be really oblivious. For example, if a girl was flirting with him plain as day, Percy wouldn't notice. He wouldn't flirt back, obviously, but he just continued on the conversation in a friendly matter. It was frustrating for the person flirting with him and Annabeth.

Percy also did this thing where he swerved into parking lots really harshly and quickly. Annabeth would be tossed towards the window, not enough to be hurt, but still enough to make her irritated.

She still couldn't be mad at him, though.

Annabeth realized with a shock what that meant.

Yeah, he drools, but it's kind of like a symbol of how they first met. Annabeth loves it, secretly.

Yeah, his hair is always messy, but Percy pulls it off. Annabeth loves the way it feels under her fingers when she goes to fix it.

He did sing horribly, but she smiled every time he did. Because it was who he was.

Percy always splashed that damn water in her face, but then he would look at Annabeth with happy, sea-green eyes and that infuriating trouble-maker smile and she would forget why she was mad in the first place.

Annabeth liked being the smarter one in the relationship, though she would never admit it. She enjoyed Percy's blatant oblivion at times.

And...after he swerved into the motherfucking parking lot, Percy would glance at Annabeth with a smirk on his face and a sparkle in his eyes. Her heart would hammer against her chest and sometimes, if Percy was especially adorable that day, he even got a kiss.

Annabeth was so in love with this kid. She finally understood something; love where you see no imperfections from your partner is an allusion, but true love is when you see all your partner's flaws and love them anyway.

Annabeth smiled. Percy stirred, his eyes fluttering open.

"Oh, shit," he said, sitting up right. He quickly checked his phone and saw that it was midnight. He pressed his knee to Annabeth's. "I'm sorry I fell asleep."

She stared at him for a few seconds. He stared back as if to say, what?

"I love you," she blurted out. "A-A lot."

Percy was confused at first. But then his eyes turned a lighter shade of green than usual and he grabbed her hands and kissed her passionately. Annabeth made a surprised noise into his mouth.

When he pulled back, he rested his forehead against hers.

"I love you, too, Wise Girl," he whispered. "I'm so in love with you."

Even though Annabeth couldn't stop smiling, she kissed him anyways.

short as hell BUT i had this sudden 'quote?' i guess, and i had to make it into a chapter.
guess i'm in the fluff kind of mood \_(••~)_/ HAHA don't know how to make that fucking thing
anyways, thanks for all the reads and votes on this, you people make my day:)
-reyna