New Life

Izuku's POV

   I woke up and ate breakfast that Mother made me and went to my new school with Aika. I was writing about their quirks in my notebook when we were riding to school.

   I had learned the day before that Aika's quirk was Spiritual Melody and Mother's quirk was Elements.

   Aika's quirk allowed her to control people when she was playing a instrument, which was kind of like my quirk. She could summon spirits when she played an instrument and she could even summon her own instrument, but the summoned instrument will disappear when Aika deactivates her quirk or when she doesn't need it.

The piano, flute, and violin could put people to sleep or erase their memories. Other instruments allowed Aika to fully control them. When Aika controls her quirk good enough, she could just get a lot attention by playing any instrument. But when used too much, Aika could get severe headaches and have a hard time breathing for a while.

   Mother's quirk allowed her to use elemental magic. She was able to create anything out of elements and use them to her advantage no matter what it is. Whatever Mother creates will disappear when she doesn't need them or when she stops using her quirk. Mother could vomit blood if she uses to much of this quirk and she could get sick easily.

   "Hey, Izu!" Aika said, poking my cheeks. I hummed in response, not taking an eye off of my notebook. She looked at my notebook and chuckled. "Our school is having a music festival next week and many composers and artists will be there. You want to participate?"

   "Sure..." I said, not really paying attention to what she was saying. She looked at me and stayed quiet for the rest of the ride, occasionally giggling.

   When Mother let us off near the school, Aika showed me around and took me to the school. She went into the classroom and I went to he principal's office. The principal explained everything to me and told me to go to class.

   I was assigned to the same class as Aika, this making it easier for me to get help. I took a deep breath, waiting to be called into the classroom.

   "You may come in." I heard the teacher's voice from inside the classroom. I slowly opened the door and walked to the front of the classroom. Aika just smiled at me, giving me a thumbs up. "Please, introduce yourself and tell us about your quirk."

   "I'm Izuku Midoriya, nice to meet you!" I said, smiling at the class. I saw some girls stare at me, which made me slightly uncomfortable, but I continued. I finished introducing myself and sat in the empty seat behind Aika.

Time Skip

   It was lunch time and I was about to go to the lunchroom with Aika, but suddenly, some of my classmates came up to me and started to bombard me with questions. Overwhelmed, I took a step back, bumping into a boy slightly taller than me.

   He had black, spiky hair and a small scar above his right eye. He had red eyes that slightly pointed inward. He was pretty muscular for a 6th grader and his sharp teeth made me a bit...scared of him.

   "Can't you see that he's uncomfortable?" He grabbed my shoulder and glared at the classmates. They started to go away and I thanked him for helping me. "Izuku Midoriya, was it? I'm Eijiro Kirishima."

   "Nice to meet you!" I said, smiling at him. I noticed a slight blush? I waved as Aika dragged me away. "See you later!"

   Aika stopped dragging me after we reached a sakura tree. She gave me a bento and sat down on the bench, which was under the sakura tree. We started talking about stuff and suddenly she gave me a serious, worried look. That concerned me a lot, making me very nervous.

   "Izu, I don't think hanging out with Eijiro would be a good idea." She said. I tilted my head, confused. "He's not the best student in the school. Not really bad, but not good either. He gets into a lot of trouble sometimes, especially with events dealing with criminals."

   "So?"

   "Why are you so naive?!" Aika grabbed my shoulders, shaking them violently. "This means that if you hang out with him, it would most likely reflect on your grades!!!"

   "Oh...Okay" I muttered. I closed the empty bento. "Thanks for the warning."

   "You better be careful, okay?" She asked, again. I nodded at her and she took the bento from me in satisfaction.

After lunch, the teachers allowed us to practice for the music festival. Aika and I worked on practicing with our quirks, since both of our quirks deal with music.

Aika would play the piano and I would sing a song. We haven't decided what song to do yet.

"Izu, have you heard the song called, 'Boy With Luv?' It's by BTS, a famous Kpop group." Aika bounced up and down, showing me a picture of BTS.

"Oh, I don't know them." I replied. She plugged in earphones and put on the right end of it. I put on the left end and watched the video with her.

   The song was pretty good. By the end of school, I had the song all memorized. I just had to practice singing it. Since I couldn't sing all of it by myself, Aika said she'd sing it with me, while playing the piano.

Time Skip

   I stayed in my room, singing the song. I searched up other Kpop songs. I didn't understand most of it but the songs sound wonderful.

   "Izu!" Aika yelled, startling me. I looked at her and she hugged me. "You sound so good!"

   "Thanks!" I said. She pulled away, grabbing my hand.

   She pulled me her room. She sat at the piano and started playing the song. I sang along, looking at my piece of paper, while Aika sang her part.

"That sounded great!" I said, giving Aika a high five. She smiled, closing the piano.

"Well, the Korean part is hard. I'm surprised that you got it in about 3 hours, when it took me 3 months to learn it." She chuckled, patting me on the back.

"Hey kids! Come down and eat dinner!" Mother's voice was heard downstairs. We went downstairs.

Mother had served katsudon for me. I thanked her and started eating with Aika.

"So, I heard you guys singing." Mother said. "Is it for the music festival?"

"Yes!" Aika replied. "If I get scouted this time, I want to go."

"Huh?" I asked. "Scouting as in hero scouting?"

"No, she's talking about scouting by composers." Mother chuckled.

"Oh."

"Aika, you can go as long as Izuku gets scouted with you." Mother said to Aika. "If not, I'll let you go to Korea when you have enough money."

"Okay!" Aika said, looking to Mother with a competitive look in her eyes. "Izuku and I will get scouted for sure!"

"I believe in you two. I truly do."