Mysteries

Izuku's POV

   It was time for the battle tournament. I was up against a purple haired boy, which I believe his name was Hitoshi Shinso. I looked back at the crowd, giving Aika a thumbs up, before looking back at the boy.

   "You must be happy to have such a great quirk." The boy smiled. It was somewhat bitter.

   I stayed quiet, remembering the information Ojiro told me about.

   I stared at the boy some more, taking in his features. He somehow looked like Mr. Aizawa, which made me wonder if he was Mr. Aizawa's secret love child or something.

   I quickly ran towards him, attempting to push him out. He was stronger than I expected him to be. He punched me in the face, causing me to lose balance. I staggered back, smiling as I stared into his eyes.

   I used a bit of mother's quirk which I didn't intend to use. I accidently blew him away by using wind forces.

   He looked at me with pure shock. I stared back in shock, realizing that I used mother's quirk.

   "Oops!" I chuckled nervously. "Sorry about that, didn't really mean to use it."

   He just glared at me, a pinkish tint dusting his face.

   "Shinso, I think your quirk is great! I'm glad that you chose to become a hero instead a villain!" I said, calling out to him as I turned away. "You'll become a great hero!"

   He stopped, slowly looking back at me. He smiled at me, this time, an actual smile. I smiled back.

   "Thanks..." He whispered. I barely heard it.

   I waved at him as I walked back into the stadium. I smiled to myself as I made my way to Aika. I bumped into Endeavor on the way. He glared down at me, which made me glare at him. He just ignored me, walking away.

   I smirked as I summoned a bit of water, using mother's quirk. I splashed Endeavor and quickly ran away.

   "Really, Izu?" Aika said as I turned around the corner. I jumped out of surprise and she laughed. "You took that long to splash water on Endeavor?"

   "You saw that?" I asked. She nodded, laughing. "I mean, he deserved it. He's such a...such a jerk!"

   "I think a**hole would be a better word." Aika smirked. I faked a gasp.

   "Aika, don't use cuss words!" I mimicked our 7th grade teacher. We laughed as we continued towards the seats where our classmates were sitting.

"You know Izu, you always seem to find the right way to make me laugh." Aika laughed.

"Well, I always do." I said in a sarcastic tone, flipping my non-existent long hair. Aika laughed harder which soon ended up with her wheezing.

"Oh my gosh, Izu. Stop it!" Aika cried, laughing. I laughed as she sat back up, wiping her tears.

"Oh shush girl, you know I'll never stop." I said in a sassy, dramatic girl-like manner.

She laughed some more as we kept on talking. Soon it was her turn to go against Denki.

She just smacked him on the head and somehow, he fainted. He lost in such a...weird, pitiful way.

She came back to where we were sitting, all happy and cheerful.

"I just couldn't let him win after what he said." Aika smiled, slightly in a scary way.

"What did he say?" I asked, chuckling a bit.

"He said he wanted to date you!" Aika smiled, more evilly.

I blushed and covered my face as the people around awed and chuckled at us.

"Why do you have to be so blunt?" I muttered.

"That's just me! I'm always blunt...well, most of the time." Aika laughed.

We talked and watched the other participants. Soon Aika and I had to fight each other, which was unfortunate.

In the end, I won, using my singing skills to my advantage since it would be easier to sing than play an instrument.

I was soon up against Todoroki. I was honestly a bit scared. He was pretty strong and since I already saw him go against the others, I could tell that he would be hard to beat.

I sighed, looking at Todoroki as he stared back at me, his eyes boring into my soul.

It sent shivers down my spine. I gave him a small smile and a wave when he glared back. He had a pink color dusting his face but it was barely visible.

We started fighting, which took longer than I expected. I frowned in disappointment when I noticed that he wasn't using his full power.

He was just at the end, when I stopped singing. He snapped back to reality as he turned back to face me.

"Why...Aren't you using your full power?" I asked. "Why aren't you using your fire?!"

There was no reply.

"Do you underestimate me that much? You would need more than half your power to beat me Todoroki!" I growled. "Give me all your effort!"

There was no reply again. He just stared back as he got ready to attack.

"I understand that you don't like your father! I don't like my father, either!" I yelled. "I might not know everything that you have been through, but I understand that you have been through hard times!"

   "...You don't know me or what I have been through." Todoroki said.

   "You have to put the past behind to write out your future! Shoto, you are different from your father and I know that!" I yelled back. He stopped. "It's your power, not his! It's your responsibility to make it yours!"

   At that moment, he was set in flames. He looked at me and said something that made me feel better.

   "How foolish of you to help your opponent..." He smirked.

"But...thanks for understanding me."