Provisional Hero License Exam

Izuku's POV

   Today was the day of the Provisional Hero License Exams. I've received my new, updated costume from Hatsume the other day and she bid us good luck. Aika's been pumped for the exams, confident about her skills, mostly her physical attacks. I mean the flute smacking, when I say that.

   But I've been feeling more nervous than I've ever been. I've stood in front of millions of people and did more overwhelming stuff but the thought of not being able to pass the exams were just terrifying.

   I was sitting next to Aika, talking to her. I was talking to her about the exams, in hopes that I'll be able to calm down but it was quite the opposite.

   "Come on, Izu!" Aika said, slapping my back. "Have some more confidence! You're just being too nervous! See, I'm perfectly normal!"

   "No, you're the one who's weird here." I mumbled, rubbing my back. "How can you not be nervous in a situation like this? Who knows if we fail?"

   "Stop being so fricking negative and cheer up!" Aika said, smacking my back again. "It'll be fun! We get to earn our hero license if we pass!"

   "That's the point!" I said, panicking. "What if I don't pass!"

   "Well, sucks to be you then." Aika rolled her eyes, smirking at me. "You'll have to take remedial classes."

   "Rude." I huffed. "Let's go, we already arrived."

   Once we got off the bus, Mr. Aizawa quickly went through some information with us. He encouraged us to do our best and if we managed to get our license, we would have become semi-heroes.

   We were about to have a small encouraging "Plus Ultra" chant but a tall boy interrupted us, chanting the words himself.

   "Yoarashi, it's not nice to interrupt others." A purple haired boy said to the tall boy. "It's disrespectful."

   They seemed to be talking for a while and then they turned to look at us.

   "I apologize on his behalf." The purple haired male said. 

   "I'm sorry!" The tall boy says, slamming his head onto the ground. "I just love UA and wanted to chant it with you guys!"

   "You're that guy..." I heard Todoroki say. 

   "Do you know him?" I asked.

   "He got the highest scores in my junior high school. He was invited to UA but he turned down the offer." Todoroki said, just staring at the boy blankly.

   "Oh...Hey, is your head alright?" I asked, walking up to the boy. "It seems like it'll hurt."

   "Ah! No, I'm fine!" He said, laughing.

   "Well, still. I'll wipe the blood for you." I smiled. He blushed slightly and I took out a tissue. "Can you um...crouch down for me?"

   He did and I carefully wiped the blood, making sure not to apply much force to his bleeding head. Once I was done wiping the blood away, I got a band-aid from my bag and gently put it on his forehead. I smiled and he thanked me.

   "You're welcome! See you later!" I said, turning to follow my class.

   "W-Wait! What's your name?" He asked, grabbing my arm.

   "My name's-" I got cut off when I heard a loud 'boom.'

   "Get your filthy hands off of him!" I turned to see Kacchan running at us full speed along with Aika behind him.

   "Yeah! Get your hands off my brother!" I heard Aika yell.

   Before I could say anything or react to their sudden actions, I was dragged away by Kacchan while Aika glared at the tall boy, suspiciously. She then proceeded to follow us and I just gave the boy a small, apologetic smile and a wave.

   He stared at me but waved back, nonetheless. 

   When we were far away from the boy, Kacchen set me down on the ground. I got up, dusting myself off as I asked why he was doing that.

   "Because...That jerk...H-He was touching you." He huffed, looking away.

   "Oh, were you jealous?" I laughed as he turned red. "Were you jealous that he got to talk to me?"

   "No, I was not, you useless Deku!" He said, starting to make explosions. "I-I just didn't...You know what?! Just forget it."

   "Kacchan, he was only asking for my name." I chuckled at his reactions. I smiled at him, hugging him. "Besides, nobody can replace you. You're the only Kacchan for me!"

   At that, he turned red but seemed to calm down.

   "W-Whatever, baka." He muttered, walking away.

   "He was totally, totally~ jealous." Aika snickered, making Kacchan sputter cuss words at her. 

   "Kacchan language!" I said, smacking his mouth shut. "You know there are other people here, right?"

   He huffed, glaring at Aika and left again. I talked to her about attacking random people like she did with the tall boy and she just huffed, saying that he totally had feelings for me.

   "Don't go assuming people's feelings, Aika. What if you were wrong?" I said, giving her a "I'm not amused," look. 

   "I'm never wrong." Aika rolled her eyes. Then, she tilted her head, looking at me sassily. "I'm always right and you know that."

   "Mhmm..." I quirked an eyebrow and she laughed. We both started laughing.

   "Oh gosh, Izuku! You know me best!" Aika managed to say, wheezing as she slapped her knees. "That was funny."

   "Anyways, don't go around flailing you flute at random strangers, okay?" I said, looking at her. 

   "Got it." She huffed again. "You're just too kind, Izu."

    I sighed, following our class to wherever they went. Well, I think Todoroki got lost since he came running towards us. Along with Kacchan, Kirishima, and Uraraka.

   "No, you're just too violent." I said, turning back to Aika. "No normal person goes around smacking people with instruments. Don't you even feel bad for your instruments? What if they break?"

   "I can always make a new one." Aika smirked.

   "Still. You're too violent." I pouted. "You're the weird one here."

   "Well, what can you say?" Aika laughed at my reaction. "I'm just undeniably special."