The Big 3

Izuku's POV

   I yawned, walking into the classroom. Today was the day that Kirishima, Denki, Kacchan, and Todoroki would be attending class as usual. Yesterday was the last day of house arrest for them.

   "Good morning!" I smiled, which my classmates returned. 

   I sat down in my seat and talked with Aika while waiting for Mr. Aizawa to arrive. He soon did, a few moments before the bell rung.

   "Well, since everyone's here today, I'll start explaining more in depth about the work studies." Mr. Aizawa said, once everyone settled down. "Please come in."

   As Mr. Aizawa said that, the classroom door opened, revealing three people. There were two males and one female. They all seemed to be older than us and probably strong students, since they were wearing the UA uniform.

   "They are the three third years at UA who stand at the top of all current UA students...Also known as the Big Three." Mr. Aizawa explained, glancing at the three students that just walked in. 

   "The Big Three..." I mumbled, looking at the three upperclassmen in awe. 

   "Wait...Isn't he the guy we saw on TV, during the sports festival last year?" Aika asked, quietly, pointing at the taller male. "The guy whose clothes fell off...? He didn't rank very well, did he?"

   "I think so..." I chuckled a bit at the memory. "If I remember correctly, the other two besides him didn't rank near the top as well...But if they're the Big Three, then that must mean they're much stronger than what we've seen."

   "Okay, can you guys please introduce yourselves briefly?" Mr. Aizawa asked the three students. "Let's start with Amajiki."

   When Mr. Aizawa said that, the male with indigo hair glared at us. His gaze was intense and it sent shivers up my spine. But then. he started muttering something to the two people besides him, shaking. He just turned around and that's when I realized that he wasn't really a socially active person.

   "Oh, listen, Amajiki. That's called having the heart of a flea!" The girl besides him laughed. "Even though you're a human, it's so strange!"

   "This is the flea, Tamaki Amajiki." The girl introduced, gesturing to the trembling male. "I'm Nejire Hado. We were asked to talk to you guys about the work studies."

   I laughed lightly, since the three all seemed to have different personalities but they got along so well. Nejire looked at me, beaming. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

   "Aren't you Mizu? From the MiMi siblings?" She asked, and I nodded in reply. "I'm a big fan of yours! I've always wanted to go to a concert but I'm always too late to buy the tickets..."

   "Well, you get to see us now, don't you?" I asked her, chuckling at her bright, energetic personality. "I'm flattered to find many of our fans in UA, actually. Thank you for supporting us, I really appreciate it."

   At that, Nejire just smiled back, her face turning a bit red. I saw Kacchan growl at her and some of my classmates doing the same. The last male stepped up, doing a weird pose. 

   "The future's going to be...?" He asked, cupping his ear. 

   Silence. There was utter silence and in an attempt to make the atmosphere less awkward, I spoke up.

   "Bright?" I asked.

   "Well, that wasn't the word I was going for but I guess my call-and-response wasn't a total fail!" The male laughed. "I'm Mirio Togata. Well, you guys look like you're not sure what's going on."

   There was a small pause and everybody turned their attention to the tall male in the front of the classroom.

   "We're third years who just suddenly appeared to explain about work studies that aren't even required." Mirio continued. "You guys got you're provisional licenses as first years, right? This year's first years are energetic, right? Besides, since my joke earlier didn't quite go through..."

   Mirio quickly glanced at Mr. Aizawa, who was just staring at the whole situation with an extremely annoyed look on his face. 

   "Why don't you guys all fight me at once?" Mirio asked, pumping a fist in the air. "It's the most rational to have you all experience our experience firsthand, right? How about it, Eraserhead?"

   Mr. Aizawa frowned before glancing at us. He let out a sigh and looked back at the three upperclassmen.

   "Do whatever you want..." Mr. Aizawa replied. He looked back towards the class. "Get changed and meet us at the gym."

   We nodded, all getting up to get our gym clothes. I strode off to the changing room, slipping off my school uniform and pulling on the gym clothes. I was the first to get changed and unfortunately, I didn't know the way to the gym. So I ended up waiting for Aika, who also changed quite quickly.

   "Do you think we can win him, Izu?" Aika asked with a sigh as we walked towards the gym.

   "Hmm...Considering what we saw about him during last years sports festival, I'd say that we might have a possibility." I replied. "But they're called the Big Three for a reason, right? He's probably going to be a lot stronger then back then. And since he's a third year, he's going to have much more experience than us."

   "Plus, his quirk is quite tricky so I'd say with our classes experience and knowledge, we don't really stand a chance." I finished. "But we could at least try. I mean nobody's perfect. We just have to look for an opening to attack."

   "Of course, you're right. You've grown so much since the time we first met each other!" Aika laughed, slapping my back. She opened the doors to the gym. 

   "I could say the same thing for you, Aika." I smiled, following her into the gym. 

   "We've both grown a lot. Everybody did."