Chapter: 1

"Calm down, girl," I shout frustratedly at my friend Kristan, "I have just woken up! I need at least one hour to feel like a human," I grab all my hair in one hand and look around for a hair tie which I may have thrown here, somewhere, in my sleep.

"It's is eight p.m. !" Kristan says as she checks the time on her phone, "We have to be there in an hour, hurry up!"

"Your boyfriend is having a boxing match," I say and roll my eyes as I found my hair tie wrapped around my wrist only, "Why the hell, you are dragging me with you?" I tie my hair messily.

"You need to get out of the house," she digs into my half-unpacked stuff, as I go to freshen up "It's been a week since you came back home, and all you did is sleep," she hands me, baggy jeans and a crop top, as soon as I step back into the room.

"I am totally going to raid in your wardrobe, someday," she picks up a lime green sundress. Putting it on herself, she checks herself in the body length mirror.

"Take it," I call over my shoulder as I go behind the wooden partition in my room to change my clothes.

"Thank you," she squeals happily, making me smile.

My mother died while giving birth to me and my dad passed away when I was nine years old. My grandfather was the only family I had, so obviously he became my legal guardian. Pops brought me with him to his home, in Northedge town. I loved being here, as this town is surrounded by mountain forest. And as soon as you enter the town, you can smell the greenery in the air, which pretty cool and refreshing.

Pops loves me so much that I almost never feel the absence of my parents from my life. However, I still miss them.

Kristan was the first and only friend I have made here. As most of the kids here, especially girls, never liked me from the beginning. I still don't understand the reason for their animosity towards me. However, Pops noticed this and decided it was better, that I should be sent away to the boarding school. As he was afraid that this might have a negative effect on me. 

Initially, adjusting into boarding school was difficult for me. But after some time, I started to like school. In school breaks, I used to come back home. Even though I used to be away most of the year, but still Kristan and I remained friends. 

Currently, after being graduated from school. I am enjoying the one-year break, which I am taking to explore different things.

"I am ready," I grab my phone and car keys from the dresser, "Let's go."

"You are going to talk with other people, and make friends," Kris says as she clasps the seatbelt, "And will try to be more social."

"I talk with other people, " I say as I reverse the car out of the driveway, "However, I can't say anything about making friends," I shrug.

I prefer being with myself rather than surrounded by fake friends. I am not anti-social, however, I don't like being much social too. I desperately need some me time after being around people for a few hours. 

"I know you talk with others," she puts the address on the GPS, "What I meant is that you will speak more than ten words," she rolls her eyes.

"I will, only if I find a company who is interesting enough to get along with," I laugh as she sighs and shakes her head, as she knows I hardly find others interesting.

I believe in feeling the connection with other people. It just takes a moment to click with someone and you instantly know you can be yourself with them.

After following the directions for twenty minutes, we reached the outskirts. Town has a pretty good nightlife. But to maintain the peace of the town, clubs, bars, and all those sorts of entertainment spots are outside the town.