Chapter: 69

My mouth opens and closes a few times not able to understand what hell is going on. While he is a perfect example of calm and composure, on the other hand, I am a complete mess of chaotic emotions.

After trying to find the rights word for a while, I am finally able to speak...one word.

"What?!" I frown at him, as I look back at the house then at him.

"Will you be my wife?" He simply asks as if he is talking about the weather.

"What the fuck?!" I step back, looking at him utterly in shock, as I wait for him to start laughing.

Wife? He wants me to be his wife?

This person has not even asked me to be his girlfriend and here he is directly asking me to be his wife.

Is this some kind of joke?

"Are you serious?" I slowly ask him, as my mind goes completely blank.

"Yes, I am." He gazes straight into my eyes, his eyes hold no sign of humor in them.

"Normally, guys first ask girls to be their girlfriend, Alec?" I let out a nervous laugh as I glance at him in disbelief his words still echoing in my mind.

"Who wants normal, when you can have something awesome." He chuckles while repeating the line which I said to him once.

I guess I will never get a chance to experience anything which is even close to normal. The word normal has its own definition in my life which surely does not match with world's definition. For others, the meaning of Avery-version of normal is chaos.

"And why would I ask you to be my girlfriend, when I want you to be my wife?" He shrugs lightly, "I am not going to waste the time asking you to be my girlfriend when I know I have found the person whom I want to never lose."

"Avery, there is one person whom I see standing beside me," he says while stepping towards me covering the distance which I have made between us, "And that person is you."

"I want you to be with me." He holds my hand and I let him, "I want us." he points between us with his other hand.

My heart rate picks up because of the sincerity with which he is looking at me.

"So, please say yes." He gently smiles, but his eyes hold apprehension.

"Alec..." I swallow and shake my head, unable to form a proper response.

"We don't even know each other for long." I breathe while my words sound stupid even to my ears because we both know each other better than ourselves.

"I don't think I need to answer this." He smiles at me, his smile saying that even he finds my words absurd.

Biting my lip I glance down as tears gather in my eyes.

This is something which I always wanted to have, a connection with someone which runs deeper than the skin... the bond which ties my heart with theirs.

When I think of that someone his face comes to my mind.

He never expresses much, but his eyes speak everything which he is unable to voice. His eyes never fail to show me how much I mean to him, even when they are cold as ice but still they hold warmth for me.

"If we want to look, there might be a thousand reasons which will prove that we should not take this step." He gently holds my face and slightly raises my head to glance in my eyes, "However, if we really think about them then it is not hard to realize that they are so small and meaningless to let go what we have." He swipes his thumb underneath my eye as a lone tear rolls down.