Chapter: 106

The next day when I open my eyes, I find myself caged in Alec's arms in the same way when he fell asleep.

I don't want to think anything much about last night, he just needs to be comforted and I did what I should have done.

He is carrying a lot of burden inside him, and once in a while, a moment comes when you need to release some of the weight off your chest.

Seeing him in pain still hurts me. Call me pathetic, but it is true I can't watch him suffer.

Gently removing his arm from around me, I slip out of the bed and just before walking outside I shut the curtains properly so that he can sleep in for a longer period.

When I walk back into the room, I find Liam sitting up while rubbing his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask pulling him into my lap, as it is too early for him to be up.

I comb back his hair with my fingers. My eyes slightly widen when my fingers touch his burning forehead as he whines and buries is head in my chest.

"I am so sorry, bud." I hug him close and kiss his head, trying to comfort him.

"Mommy." He whimpers while clutching my shirt snuggling more close to me.

My poor baby gets really distressed when he is sick, as he doesn't understand how he is feeling. Most of the time, he just clings to me and wants me to hold him till he feels better.

"I know, baby." Again, I kiss his head, "You are having a fever."

"I don't like fever." He cries, "Make it go away."

"It will go away, soon." I rock him slightly, "We'll get you some medicine then you will feel better."

"No, medicine." He whimpers loudly.

He doesn't like to take medicines, neither he wants to eat anything.

Well, another thing is that he throws terrible tantrums when he is sick. And those tantrums are enough to make you cry.

"Liam, baby, mommy will give you some medicine then you will feel fine." I gently try to make him understand as if he doesn't want to have medicine then he will not have it at any cost.

Even if you forcefully make him eat anything or give any medicine he will spit it out or worst he will start vomiting.

"No." He screams and then he starts crying loudly, making me sigh defeatedly.

Not a moment has passed when Alec barges into the room, wide alert, as he looks around the room. The tension from his body leaves as soon as his eyes land on us.

My eyes catch him discreetly tucking his gun in the back of his sweatpants and covering it with his shirt before he walks to us.

His gaze meets mine, but I divert my eyes back to Liam who is having a meltdown.

"Liam." Alec kneels down in front of us, as Liam is sitting in my lap.

Instead of calming down, he starts crying even more loudly, making me slightly flinch.

Alec raises his eyebrow questioning at me.

"He is having a fever," I tell him with a small sigh.

"Mommy, I don't want to have a fever." Liam takes a shuddering breath, as he cries. "Go away fever."

"Buddy, you will be fine, let's get you something to eat then you will feel better," Alec talks to him in a soft tone.

"But I don't want to eat." He sniffles rubbing his nose as he turns in my arms to look at Alec.