Chapter: 44

Walking inside the mall, I find my friend waving at me. Her expression changes to shock, when I near her.

"What the hell?" She quickly comes to me, looking at me or more precisely at my neck with wide eyes.

"What were you doing last night?" She continues to inspect my neck, "No, scratch that. Who was with you last night?"

"Have you gone mad?" I push her hands away from my neck, "What are you talking about?"

"No, miss, you tell who gave you this?" She narrows her eyes and points at my neck.

"What?" I touch my neck, to check whether I am wearing anything, but find nothing.

"See," She says while handing me a compact powder.

Opening the compact powder, I stretch my neck to the side and watch my neck in the small mirror.

"Oh, it left a mark," I say when I see a large red spot on my neck.

"Don't you think it looks like something else?" She arches an eyebrow.

"I don't kno-" My eyes widen and mouth hangs open as I realize what she means.

"It looks like a hickey," she cheekily says, "Somebody gave Avery a hickey," she says in a sing-song voice.

"No, it is not," I shake my head, "I think it is a rash which worsens because I scratched it earlier." I frown thinking, how like a madwoman I was scratching my neck earlier.

"You know it's a rash, I know it's a rash but people who are watching don't know it is a rash." She smiles mischievously.

"For them," she whispers, "It is a hickey," then she suddenly says, loudly gaining the attention of the people around us, earning weird looks for them.

"Shut up!" I whisper-yell as she laughs like an idiot.

"Wow, I don't even have a boyfriend and here I have something on my neck which loosely resembles a hickey." I dramatically sigh.

"Well, since you can't find yourself a boyfriend, at least let's go and find yourself new boyfriend jeans," she says, mirroring my dramatic sigh, and drags me to the first clothing store.

After two hours of shopping, we are randomly going through some shops. 

We have reached that stage in shopping where we have bought everything which we want, but still, we are eager to buy something which we don't want. The things which can put a dent in our budget and we will regret them later.

Something catches my eye, on the glass display table and I walk towards it to get a closer look. 

"Can you please show me this?" I tap above the glass, asking the salesperson standing behind the counter.

"Sure." He nods his head and takes out the cylindrical looking keychain.

"It is solar operated keychain and it lights up when you turn the head to the right." He turns the top part of the keychain on which ring is attached and four wings slightly open and the cylindrical part of the keychain lights up.

"Wow! This is amazing. Just like Firefly," I take keychain from his hand and examine it, feeling giddy to find something which I can gift Alec.

This is will be the perfect thank you gift for Alec. He calls me Firefly, and I am going to gift him a Firefly.

"Please pack this." I return the keychain to the salesperson and pay for the keychain.

Keeping Alec's gift in my bag, I walk to Kris to find her paying on the other counter.