Chapter:19

Last few days really flew in a blur, as I have been busy taking care of sixty years old child, along with helping with the garage work. 

"Avy!!!" Pops yells from the living room.

Throwing the plate in the warm dishwater, I quickly rinse my hands and walks in the living room towel drying my hands.

"What happened? Are you alright?" Worry lines forms between my brows.

"I can't reach the TV remote," Pops stretches his hand towards the TV remote, which is just a few inches away from him, placed on the coffee table.

"Seriously?" I throw my hands up in disbelief, "Pops, this is the limit of being lazy."

"I would have not called you, but I am having a headache and when I move it increases," Pops holds his head in his hands while a feigning pain.

"Stop with your act," I cross my arms and glares at him.

"I am not acting, I am really having a severe headache," he points to the left side of his head.

"At least point to the correct side, your head injury is on the right side not on your left side," I arch an eyebrow and shake my head.

I huff and walk over the coffee table and pick up the TV remote and hands it to him. Then picking up the blanket from the single seat couch, I drape over his legs as he lies down on the couch.

I look at his face as he is lost in some thoughts. Something is really bothering him as he suddenly looks so quiet.

"Pops, what happened?" I sit on the floor, resting my back on the foot of the couch.

"Is anything bothering you?" I turn and place my hand on his.

"Nothing, sometimes you just remind me of so much Cecelia," he sadly sighs, "She was also so caring and loving, like you. Tomorrow is her birthday, and I am missing her more than usual," he runs a hand on his face, attempting to hide his pained look.

"Tomorrow is grandma's birthday?" I excitedly ask, "Well, then instead of sitting here and being upset we are going to celebrate it."

I never knew when was grandma's birthday as all these years I was in boarding school. This is going to be the first time Pops and I going to celebrate it together.

"If grandma was anything like me, then she would not have liked you being sad," I hold his hand, "So, tomorrow I am taking you out on a date, and you can't say no," I quickly shake my head when I feel he is going to deny.

"You are going to tell me everything about her, again, while we are enjoying her favorite food at her favorite place," I smile and nod my head.

"Okay, kiddo," he pats my head and gives a small smile.

"But before we go out, I will go to meet my Cece and spend some alone time with her," he squeezes my hand.

"Okay, done," I smile, "You are going to meet me directly at grandma's favorite restaurant and don't you dare ditch me," I playfully narrow my eyes at him.

"I can't even think to do that, as Cece will kick my butt rising from her grave for ditching her only grandchild," he lightly pinches my cheek, while I laugh.

Pops loves grandma so much, that even after so many years of her death, he still talks about her like she is still with us. I have never seen her as she had passed away when dad was in high school. But I have heard so many stories about her from Pops, that I feel like she is also part of my life just like him.