Chapter: 110

For the past ten minutes, I am just sitting in the car staring at the place that changed my life forever.

Battleground.

This is the place where I have met him, and this is the same place where he left me.

His words still haunt me, sometimes. I know he didn't mean them, hell, even that time my mind knew they were just words... meaningless words, but this didn't lessen the pain caused by them.

His words pierced my heart like glass shards, and even six years can't lessen the pain. But now when I know the whole truth, I can't hold it against him. I can't keep holding on to something, that was the result of his poor decision.

He was suffering, and maybe he still is, and made a decision without clearly thinking about the consequences of his decision. Not something which Alec will normally do, but that time circumstances were not normal.

"Mommy, aren't we going inside?" Liam asks from the back, finally, his patience reached its limit.

Alec has asked me to bring Liam here, as tonight it is his fight and he wants Liam to be there. He wanted to show Liam a part of his life, which he can. He wanted him to introduced to his this side as well, as Liam doesn't really much know about him other than that he is his dad.

I was not actually quite comfortable with Liam being here especially when there is so much crowd. But he promised me that there is nothing to worry about and Liam will be fine here.

However, I am still skeptical because the mood of the fights can quickly change and even sometimes normal fights can turn into a bloody one. Alec assured me there are just going to be normal fights, nothing gruesome, or something that Liam can't watch. He said he will enjoy watching these fights.

I am believing his words, hopefully, I don't regret later. Because it will not be a nice scene for Liam to watch his mom beating his dad to the pulp. That's what I am going to with Alec if anything turns wrong during the fights and affected my son in any way.

"Can't we just go back and do something fun like playing video games?" I ask looking at him through the rearview mirror.

"No." He curtly shakes his head.

"Okay, I guess, then we are going inside." I sigh unlocking the door.

"Don't leave my hand and don't run away, just stay by my side," I tell Liam as I help him outside the car and lock the doors.

He nods his head already looking excited to go to a big guy place.

"Will dad be here?" He asks as I turn to him.

Alec wants to surprise Liam, so he doesn't know we are here to watch Alec's fight.

"I don't know." I shrug, "Maybe we can meet him later." I nod my head.

"Excuse me, miss, you can't bring kids here." I turn to the voice, to find Henry, the security guy, coming towards us.

"Avery?" His eyebrows raise in surprise as soon as he sees me.

"Hey!" I smile at him.

"Long time, girl." He smiles and wraps his arm around me in a half hug.

"Yeah, it is." I nod as my glance travel to the building while memories of that day flash before my eyes, making me swallow hard.

"Who is this little dude?" He kneels in front of Liam, who is studying him carefully.

"Liam," He answers staring at him.

"Oh, so he is our special guest." Henry smiles, "Nice to meet you, kiddo." He extends his hand to Liam for a handshake.

A small smile appears to form on Liam's face as he shakes his hand.