Chapter: 84

Avery' POV

"Look, I am a Santa." Liam laughs as he makes a beard with bubbles.

"You are the cutest Santa I have ever seen." I cover my face with my hand when he splashes water at me.

"Stop." Grinning I stand up from the edge of the bathtub, as I hear the knock on our hotel room door, "I am not the part of this biggest bubble bath." Taking a face towel I wipe my face and walk outside the bathroom.

"Come outside in five minutes if you want to have ice-cream," I say over my shoulder as I open the door.

I frown in confusion when I find Alec standing outside.

"I got your room number from Jake," he says as he stuffs his hand in his pockets when he sees my puzzled look.

"Okay." I slowly nod, trying to understand the reason behind his visit.

"I wanted to meet Liam." He shifts his weight from one foot to another, "I just wanted to make sure he is fine." He shrugs.

"Please, do not get me wrong." He meets my eyes, "I was really worried about him, I didn't like seeing him cry." He sighs as his shoulders slump.

"He is fine." I hold his gaze and nod, trying to figure out what are his true intentions with my son.

"Can I meet him?" He swallows, "Please."

I wanted to say no, but there is something in me that stopped me from doing so.

After thinking for a moment, I nod my head while opening the door wider for him to come inside.

"Thank you," he says as he walks inside, closing the door I motion him to sit on the couch.

"Don't eat ice-cream without me." Liam comes running outside the bathroom, in just in his Paw Patrol underwear, making me slap my forehead. I hear Alec lightly chuckling from the side.

"Alec!" He squeals when he sees Alec and runs to him. Alec immediately catches him and places him on his lap without bothered by the water dripping from Liam's body.

"Moving around in your birth suit, I see." Alec chuckles.

"I was born butt naked," Liam says matter-of-factly and looks at him as if he has said something really stupid.

"Why aren't you dressed, Liam?" I clear my throat to get his attention and arch my eyebrow at him.

"You said to come outside in five minutes." He gets down from Alec's lap and stands in front of me, "In five minutes, I could only wear this." He innocently points at his bottom.

My adorable baby boy.

"I am sorry, now go and get dressed." My lips stretch into a tender smile at the innocence of my child.

"Careful, don't hurt yourself," I call after him, as he runs inside the bedroom, giving me a mini heart attack when he slightly slips.

Suddenly, after Liam goes, the room engulfs in awkward silence.

"Not scared of dogs anymore?" Alec says breaking the silence between us.

"Not scared of anything anymore," I reply, sitting on the far end corner of the couch.

I used to be so scared of dogs, but now all of my earlier fears seem so silly. My biggest and only fear is something happening to my Liam.

Again silence surrounds us, I don't know what to talk to him neither I want to talk to him.