Chapter: 72

Have you ever witnessed an intimidating person turning into a frightened puppy in front of your eyes?

If not, then let me tell you it is the most hilarious thing which you can ever see.

Alec called his father to tell him about our wedding, but instead of his father, his mother answered the call. The call is not on speaker but I can clearly hear his mother's furious voice whereas Alec is shrinking in his seat while flinching from time to time.

I already love this woman!

"Mom!" Alec helplessly pleads for the thousandth time, "Just listen to me once, then you can shout at me all you want."

"I have proposed Avery and she said yes." He faintly smiles then holding my hand he weaves our fingers together forming a fist.

A loud squeal makes my eyebrows shoot up not understanding this is a good reaction or a bad, as I look at Alec who is now grinning while keeping the phone away from his ear.

Okay, maybe this is a good reaction.

"Dad." Alec says with an amused tone, "Where did mom go, I haven't given her the entire news?"

A small frown forms on his face as he attentively listens to his dad.

"No, Dad, I can't do that." His grip tightens on my hand, "We are already married."

Oh, is he asking him to divorce me? I haven't been married for two hours.

What a bummer!

"I am not promising anything, dad," he says in a defeated tone, to whatever his dad has said.

"Yeah, I am happy." Alec looks down and slightly smiles, "Thanks, Dad, I love you."

"Mom wants to have a big wedding for us." Alec turns to me and waits for my reaction.

"Okay..." I slowly nod my head, waiting for him to continue.

"Dad knew I will marry you in the same place where they got married." He smiles and shrugs while I am unable to react to this news. "I don't know, how, but he already figured we got married." He frowns.

That's why he was so adamant about getting married in that city hall because it is was where his parents got married.

"But?" I ask knowing there is a but coming soon.

"But, mom doesn't know this." He lets out a breath, "And dad is asking to keep our wedding under a wrap just for some time as they are returning home as soon as they can, probably under a month, so that mom doesn't feel heartbroken that she wasn't a part of our wedding."

"Mom already feels that I keep her out of my life and maybe I have distanced from her, which is not true." He runs his free hand through his hair, "It is just that I am more like my dad, so we have a different kind of understanding."

"I don't know... it is just that I don't want to break her heart but at the same time I can't do this to you. I have married you, it is not a joke or something small that we can hide from everyone. " He sighs looking torn.

I have met his parents once and his mother is actually really nice and she has this warm personality which will immediately make you feel like you have known her for a long time.

I will not lie, after meeting her, she gave me a picture to imagine how a mother should be because she gives that motherly vibes.

His phone chimes as a message from his mother pop up on his screen.

When he turns the screen of his mobile to me, a laugh escapes my mouth as she has sent him pictures of different rings asking him to get my opinion about them.