Chapter: 111

Nothing has changed, this room looks exactly like the way it was six years back. Sometimes I feel apart from us nothing has changed.

Alec brought us to his room which he uses whenever he is here, we are waiting for him, as he has gone to take a shower.

Liam seems pretty excited just to be with Alec, sometimes I feel he wants to make up all the missing time with him.

The excitement from the fight has brought Liam's energy level down, as he looks sleepy and now he is quietly lying down on the single bed.

A few minutes later Alec comes out of the small ensuite bathroom. His clean and fresh scent instantly fills the room, making it so hard not to inhale a deep breath. This is a kind of smell, that imprints on your mind, which makes you feel comfortable.

"Tired already?" Alec chuckles and nods his head towards Liam while running a small towel over his head to dry his hair.

"Yeah, he was non-stop cheering for you while punching Finn in annoyance whenever you got punched." I glance at Liam with a small smile who already fell asleep, "He did enjoy a lot. Thanks."

"Umm... I was thinking, Jake told me Liam takes kick-boxing classes. We run classes for children here as well, so if you don't mind can we put him in classes here?" He turns to me, "Until you guys don't return?" His voice quietens while his eyes show his internal struggle.

"Alec, Liam will not be going anywhere." I glance at Liam then back at him, "I am not going to take Liam with me. He will stay with you."

I can't separate both of them. Liam is so happy to found his father, and I can't take away his happiness from him.

"What?" He frowns, "Avery, you can't do that... he needs you."

"And he needs you, too." I sigh, "I can't take him away from you."

"And I need you." He clenches his jaws, "I can't stay away from both of you. You both are all I have left." He looks away.

"Alec, I am trying to make things work." My shoulders slump as I shake my head, "Sorting things out, to make all this work."

Being away from Liam is nearly impossible for me, but taking him away from Alec is not an option for me. One of us has to do a little sacrifice to make thing works, and I am ready for that.

"You don't have to do anything alone." He kneels in front of me, holding my hands, "We will make this work together. We don't need to be away from each other, we can stay together. I will come with you anywhere you want."

For some reason, his words bring a smile on my face.

"Alec, your everything is here, you can't just move like that," I smile.

"My everything is where you both are, other things don't matter." He shrugs nonchalantly.

"We will talk about this later," I softly say while holding his hands.

"I am not letting you go, Avery, not now or ever." He closes his eyes and presses a kiss on our hands.

And this time, I know he is telling the truth.

I trust you, Alec, but allowing my heart to give in is not easy for me.

*****************************************************************

"It is not his bedtime, yet, then why he is sleeping?" Alec quietly asks looking at Liam, his tone suggests he wanted to spend time with him.

"He woke up quite early in the morning and then never took any nap in the afternoon, so now he is recharging himself." I lean on the edge of the small corner table, "Be prepared to keep him entertained at night because now he is not going to go to bed early."