Chapter: 124

Mask of coldness conceals all his features as soon as he hears my words.

His eyes are devoid of any emotion. Just like me even he has locked his emotions because it is not the time to be emotional.

The only emotion which dominating me is anger. This anger will help me to go through the pain which is tearing me apart.

"We will find him. Trust me, Avery, I will not let anything happen to him." He snakes his arm around my shoulder and presses a kiss on my temple.

And I trust his every word.

I sit silently as I observe everything that is happening around me, some guys are on calls while Alec is giving some orders.

"Nothing will happen to Liam," I hear someone saying in a comforting tone, but nothing can comfort me other than my baby.

Lifting my head, I see a man sitting beside me looking at me with concern, his browns eyes have warmth in them. Judging by the greys in his hair and age lines on his face he must be in his late forties.

"I am Marshall, I was Alec's father's friend," He introduces himself.

"Avery," I say in a clipped tone.

There are many people in this room and many things are going on however, one voice gets my attention.

"She should have never left the kid alone in the treehouse." My eyes turn to the source of the voice, to see a guy who seems close to my age saying with a shrug of shoulders, "Instead of planning our raid, we are now looking for a kid." He grumbles

He leans back in the chair and let out a long breath, seeming a bit annoyed.

"Sixteen hours." Raising my eyebrows, I speak loud enough for everyone to hear, "I had endured sixteen hours of pain to bring my son into the world." I look at everyone in the eye.

Getting up from my seat, I slowly walk towards that guy.

"Even I don't have any idea how much pain I am going to inflict on a person who dares to harm a hair of his head." I grip the back of his chair standing behind him and turn his chair to face me.

Pulling my hand back, I punch him in the face while holding him by his collar.

"What hell is wrong with you bitch!" He yells as he tries to release my hold. "Get this crazy woman off me."

Everyone looks momentarily too stunned even to react, everyone but Alec.

"I have never told he was abducted from the treehouse." I look Alec square in the eyes as continue to punch that guy ignoring the pain that is shooting up in my arm.

Realization seeps into Alec's features, while fury swirls in his eyes.

"Now the question is, how did you know that Liam was alone in the treehouse?" I grab his jaw harshly digging my fingers into his jaw.

Only I and Ron knows where was Liam when he was kidnapped. Ron is unconscious and I haven't told this to anyone. And him knowing these details only indicates one thing that he has helped those men in Liam's kidnapping.

"Demond, where is my son?" Alec pushes him out of his chair and clutches him by his neck.

Instead of answering, he starts laughing.

"You will not do anything to me, because you need me to find your bastard." Blood drips from his nose, as he smiles.

"You should not have said that." Alec shakes his head slowly, his tone menacing low.