Chapter: 136

Alec's POV

Picking her up, I shift her body slightly so her head is leaning against my chest. Walking out of the room, I climb the stairs as gently as I can while holding her securely.

"I should have taken her to the paramedics immediately." Kevin looks at unconscious Avery, "She is loosing to much blood, it is not good, Alec."

For the first time, I am not scared. I know nothing will happen to her. I trust her to fulfill her promise to never leave me. And I know she will not break her promise or my trust.

I trust you, Avery, don't break my trust.

I glance at Avery's face which has a hint of faint smile decorated on her lips while there is a calmness all over her expression.

"Do you think she would have let you taken her anywhere?" I ask as we step outside, "Once she makes up her mind, then nothing can change it. She wanted to see him die, and wouldn't have left that room at any cost until he was dead even if it meant killing him by her own hands." My lips stretch into a small smile as I kiss her forehead... my beautiful, but deadly Avery.

"Jesus, you both are crazy." He shakes his head dejectedly, knowing that I am right. "On the side note, I don't want to get on her bad side ever." He makes a face.

She is crazy, but she is mine.

"I fulfilled my promise, Firefly, now it is your turn to keep your promise," I whisper against her skin, "So, don't you even think about leaving me."

I hear, Kevin orders, someone, to sweep the basement and the area around the house.

The ambulance is already outside, the paramedics instantly rush towards us when they see us. However, I don't let anyone take her from me, as I place her inside the ambulance.

"She has been shot in the leg," I inform as I remove hair from her face while they immediately started working on her.

"Alec." Ron calls me, "Liam is getting antsy and demanding for you and Avery. I think he saw you carrying her out of the house." He glances at Avery then back at me.

My eyes are already settled on her face, as my heart is being torn in two directions.

I want to stay with her, but I can't let Liam see her like this, it will freak him out. No kid wishes to see their parents hurt.

On the other hand, Liam has been so brave, but he is still a child who needs his parents to be with him, to comfort him.

Looking at her Avery, I think what I would have expected from Avery to do if she was in my position. This made the choice slightly easy because I would have wanted her to be with Liam. The same thing which she would be expecting from me, to comfort our son as he needs the assurance from his dad, that his mom is alright... that she will be alright.

"I am with Liam, don't worry about him I will take care of him." Holding her hand, I kiss her bruised knuckles, "We will meet you at the hospital."

Stepping outside the ambulance, I wipe my hands with tissue paper cleaning the blood and then I change into a clean shirt that someone has handed to me. I can't let Liam see me like this covered in blood.

"I will go with her." Ron gets inside the ambulance as they are ready to take her to the hospital, "Don't worry boss, boss lady is strong, she will be fine." He gives me a comforting smile.

"Dad!" He cries and stretches his arms in my direction trying to get out of Finn's hold.

I have left him with Finn and Ron as the paramedic was checking him for any injuries. He was adamant to come inside with me, as he has promised his mom that he will take me to her. And he wanted to take me to her, by holding my hand and guiding me to her side.