Chapter: 24

Fifteen freaking days and no sign of Alec. 

Numerous messages, but no reply. Countless calls, but all remain unanswered.

I am worried sick about him, and how can't I be? When I know nothing about him. Various scenarios are going through my mind, each worst than the other. What if something has happened to him? God, I don't even want to think about that.

Damn you, Alec! 

I wipe my eyes with the heel of my palms, as my eyes well up in frustration.

To others, I might seem like closed off and uncaring. But, I  do care about others, especially who are part of my life. And thinking about something bad has happened to them, scares me. 

And now, I am scared that something might have happened with Alec and I would not even know about it.

The night when I met Alec for the second time flashes through my mind. I am sure Alec can take care of himself, but he is not a superhuman. What if somebody attacked him and he was not able to defend himself? Or what if he needed help and there was no one to help him?

I don't know where to look for him and I can't even ask anyone about him. 

"Alec..." I groan and pull my hair in annoyance, "Where, the hell, are you!"

I am sure, there is some other business which he is part of and honestly, I don't care what he does. Until and unless it doesn't involve anything to with innocent lives. I trust him to do the right thing. He can't be someone who will hurt someone innocent. He seems kind and helpful.

Checking the time, I decided to go and meet Pops at the garage. This will take off my mind from Alec, and maybe later I will hang out with Kris. 

"Hey," I enter the garage from the front door and see Mason behind the counter arranging the shelf containing spare parts.

"Hey, Avery," he smiles and continues to do his work.

Mason is a nice guy, who works for Pops. Last year he got married and now they are expecting a baby. He has been working for Pops, for a long time. Earlier he used to work part-time when he was completing his studies, but now he is a full-time employee. I got acquainted with him during the time Pops was in the hospital.

"Frank is in the main garage helping someone with the car," he points towards the door, which leads to the car repair area.

"Do you need any help?" I ask him, noticing there is a lot of new stuff placed on the counter which needs sorting.

"You don't have to," he shakes his head.

"I can help, no big deal," I move around the counter to help him.

"Have you heard that guy, Jeff, got bailed?" he speaks as we continue to work in sync, me giving him spare parts after checking off from the list and he puts them accordingly in the shelf. This definitely stirs my anger, but I try to stay calm.

Jeff is the name of the guy who had hit Pops car. And I, may or may have not, threaten to kill him in front of the police.

"No," I peek at him from the list.

"He always gets away with anything he does," he shakes his head and his tone displeasing, "Money speaks."

"How did you know?" I ask, suddenly feeling curious how does he know so much about him.

"We were batchmates in high school," he takes off his cap and scratches his head, "He comes from a rich background, however, his parents are nice people. They always pull him out of trouble whenever he lands in, although they don't support his ways."