Chapter: 11

Two days have passed, and for the first time in the past few days, I have hardly talked to Alec.  Our conversations were extremely short, because, even if I want to talk to him, but at the same time I don't feel like talking to him. 

I know he can feel the shift in my behavior as his messages are getting less frequent. Honestly, I would not even care if he stops messaging me altogether, because that click which I felt earlier is missing.

"You are looking lost," Pops says, snapping me out of my thoughts while doing some garage paperwork.

"No, I am just thinking," I sigh and start editing some pictures on my laptop which I have randomly taken.

"Want to share something?" 

"No, nothing important," I shake my head.

"Anything which is related to you is important to me, Avy," he puts away the papers and intently looks at me.

"Am I that bad, that no one should be my friend?" I look up and quietly ask him.

"Has somebody told you something?" he asks in a stern voice, as his facial expression changes.

"No, nobody has told me anything," I rub my hand over my face, "Just a thought which came to my mind," I sigh.

"Sometimes, I feel so unwanted," I bite my lip and look down.

"Maybe I am an awful person and I never realized it," I swallow, "That's why God has punished me by first taking away mom then later he took away dad from me. Perhaps, this is the reason why no one wants to associate themselves with me," I bite inside of my cheeks preventing myself from tearing up, as my talk with Alec runs through my mind.

"Don't say that! You are the best thing that has happened to me, honestly, I don't know what I would have been doing with my life if you weren't a part of it. Before you, I was so alone, but since the day you came into my life you made me so happy," he places his hand on my shoulder, "Don't listen to what others say. People talk rubbish all the time. You should know your worth and never let anyone walk over you. Don't let negative thoughts invade your mind, and also never welcome people in your life who cause negativity."

His words instantly make me feel better. 

He is right I should never let anyone words affect me, the only person I should try to make happy is myself. If I am satisfied with myself, then the rest of the things will work out eventually.

"Pops, you know what?  When I have you I don't need anyone else in my life," I look at him with love and admiration, "I don't care what others say, I just never want you to let down. So please, no matter what happens, never leave my side," I hold his hand tightly between mine.

"I will be always there for you, Avy," he squeezes my hand back, "And always remember that I am proud of you," he smiles.

"Even though you have done nothing special to make me proud, but still, I am proud of my genes which has been passed on to you," he shrugs and sighs, "So, yeah... I am proud of myself."

"I love you, Pops," I lightly laugh.

"Yeah, you should," he says nonchalantly, but his lips tugging upward in a smile.

"Don't you think you should say that you love me too?" I playfully narrow my eyes at him.

"I love you, too, Avery," he sighs and rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, you should," I say mimicking his voice and hug him.

Next morning I decided to go for a run because it has been a long time since I have gone for one and the weather is nice, too.