Chapter: 70

"When you told me it is your birthday and you need my yes as a gift." I purse my lips together giving him a serious look, "I thought you wanted to do the horizontal tango with me on your birthday?" I nod my head.

A smile dancing on his lips while his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Actually, that is the plan." He nods his head slowly while his lip tilting up in a smirk, "The only difference is that I want to do the horizontal tango with you, not just on my birthday but on many more nights..." He pauses and arching an eyebrow he pretends to think.

"You know what, not only nights...many more mornings, afternoons, and evenings to come."

"Okay." Drawling the word, I laugh while he gives me a boyish grin.

"I am not joking." He warns with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"I don't even want you to." I return his smile with a wink, as I decide to finally look at the beautiful house from inside.

But stop when I realize something, then turning around I look at him questioningly.

"Alec, you have proposed me?" I ask staring at him.

"I think, I did." He nods and stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"Don't you think you are forgetting something?" I arch an eyebrow at him waiting for him to realize that a very important thing is missing.

"No." He frowns and shakes his head.

I exhale a loud breath then roll my eyes at him.

"Don't you think you have to make me wear a ring since you proposed me?" I glance at the stupid in front of me.

"Oh, I forgot about the ring." He looks genuinely shocked.

"No ring, so proposal rejected." I shrug.

"Like hell proposal rejected." He glares.

"You just need a ring, right?" He asks as I can see gears turning in his head.

"Not just a ring." I shake my head, "I want my special ring."

"Okay, give me your hand." He extends his palm in front of me.

I place my hand in his as I stare at his face trying to figure what is going on in his mind.

"A special ring... for my special girl." He grins and taking out something from his pocket he slips it on my ring finger.

My mouth hangs open in disbelief and shock when I look at the ring which he has placed on my finger.

"Seriously, Alec?" I can't help but laugh in disbelief.

"What can be more special than the ring with the keys of your own house?" He shrugs and chuckles.

"Hey, you can't complain." He raises his hands in a mocking surrender, "You asked for a special ring, I gave you a special ring... so what if it is a keyring?"

Rolling my eyes at him, I clutch the keys in my hand and turning my back to him I walk towards the house while a giddy feeling bubbles inside my heart thinking about this house is going to be our home.

Mine and Alec's own little world.

However, abruptly the ground beneath my feet disappears as Alec thought it would be nice to give me the view of this world upside down.

"Alec, do you know, I prefer seeing things the way they are not in inverted form?" I huff frustratedly.

"Firefly, do you know, I hate when you turn your back on me?" Alec replies mocking my tone.