Chapter: 65

Sitting quietly in the seat I play with my seatbelt as I glance at the brooding figure beside me. Alec's anger is slowly rising as the time is passing and I actually find his anger quite amusing.

Why? Because he is pissed off with the weather.

From what I have figured he really gets agitated if something doesn't go according to his plan and this sudden rain has ruined whatever he has planned for.

On the other hand, I think I am quite okay with it. Firstly, I am not the one whose planned is ruined and secondly I believe in being spontaneous. Because unplanned things actually surprise you.

"Fuck!" He repeats this word for the thousandth time.

See? What I meant, by surprise? This is the first time I heard him swearing. And trust me, he has some really interesting choice of words which he refuses to repeat or to teach me when I ask him.

Maybe I should learn some new words from different languages.

He again says something through his clenched teeth which I can bet are, some more, happy words.

"I am going to throw you out of the car if you don't stop laughing." He glares at me, as me being me started laughing at his annoyance.

"Go ahead." I shrug not at all bothered because I know he can't do anything like this. He has been threatening me for the past two hours, that now his threats sound boring and I am actually waiting for him to carry out his threat.

He stares at me for a full one-minute then exasperates shaking his head.

"How long will it take to clear the road?" He asks, the poorly drenched man who is walking back to his car, rolling down the window. A shiver runs down my spine as the cold wind with droplets of water seeps into the car.

"I don't think the road will be cleared until tomorrow, the fallen trees have blocked the entire road." He shakes his head while keeping a hand over his head to protect his eyes from the rain, "People are trying to clear the road but due to darkness and rain it is getting really difficult to work."

"I suggest either to go back or look for someplace to stay at night because it is useless to stay here and wait for the road to be cleared." He shrugs, as he looks at the lone queue of cars.

"Thanks, man." Alec nods his head then rolls up the window.

He rubs his face with his hand, looking frustrated and tired, as he leans back his head on the headrest.

"It's okay, Alec, we can stay here and wait for the road to get cleared." I place my hand on his hand which is wrapped around the steering wheel. "Well, until either one of us doesn't get a nature's call. I don't know about you but I am not going to pee in open," I say matter-of-factly.

There are many things which I want to try in my life, however, peeing or taking a dump in open is none of them.

He gives out a hearty chuckle which instantly makes me smile, even though I was not joking, as this is the first time he laughed since all this fiasco.

"Do you really think I will let you spend the entire night on the road?" He asks, corner of his eyes crinkling with laughter.

"I don't know." I honestly answer, "You are weird so maybe?" I shrug.

"If you think I am weird then what do you think about yourself?" He scoffs.

"I am awesome," I reply smugly.

"Who drove you to the hospital?" he suddenly asks, as he turns around the car after doing some fancy maneuvering.

"Why would I need to go to the hospital?" I look at him in confusion.