Chapter: 50

When you are truly comfortable with someone, you don't need useless small talks to fill the silence. You can simply enjoy the silence, without worrying the other person will feel awkward with your silence.

I watch Alec as he rests with his arm over his eyes. After quietly watching him for a few minutes, I look around the place. It is a moonless night, but still, it is not dark. Everything is clearly visible and thankfully, there are no mosquitoes.

Alec should not mind if I go exploring this place.

Quickly, I turn back to Alec to find him in the same position, probably, he is fast asleep. Quietly, picking up a water bottle and a sandwich, which he has packed in his big picnic basket. I slowly try to to get up, without making any noise.

Taking a few steps away from him, I glance back with a victorious smile on my face.

When I am certain he will not wake up, I start making my way towards the cliff edge as I remember seeing a small path that was going towards the bottom.

"If you had your few minutes of fun, you can come back now." I hear Alec's amused voice.

"Weren't you sleeping?" I frown and look at him while walking back.

"I know you enough to not to let my guards down around you," he says as he props himself on his elbows. "One minute you are here, and the next minute you are gone." He clicks his fingers.

"Hey! You are making me sound like a troublemaker." I glare at him to which he just lightly laughs.

"I would not call you a troublemaker, but it is true you have some fondness for troubles," he says with a teasing smile.

I chuck my water bottle at him and give him a sweet smile when it hits him direct on his shoulder.

I may or may not have thrown the bottle with my full force.

"Fuck!" He half-yells and rubs his shoulder.

"Language." I smile at him with dramatically batting my lashes.

He glares at me for exactly one minute, then he shakes his head while sighing as he mutters something.

"Close your eyes," he orders abruptly.

"Why? Are you going to slap me?" I narrow my eyes at him jokingly.

"I will never raise a hand on you." He looks slightly offended even if it was just a joke.

"Then why are you suddenly asking me to close my eyes?" I raise my eyebrows.

"You will know once you have closed your eyes. So now, please, close your eyes," he pleads.

I close my eyes and sit patiently. A shiver runs down my spine when the wind blows, as I can sense everything around me. It is like just by closing my eyes, my body gets in tune with my surroundings.

I hear some shuffling beside me, I assume Alec is trying to look for something. Soon his hand grabs my hand, making me open my eyes in a confusion.

"You are one impatient girl." He lightly chuckles as he clasps a bracelet around my wrist.

Raising my hand to my face, I inspect the bracelet. I smile when I see small charms hanging around it.

Shake my hand and lightly laugh when they make a tinkling sound.

"You like it?" He asks with a small smile, but I sense his nervousness.

"I love it!" I throw my arms around him, pulling him in a hug.