Chapter: 118

Everything seems good as of now, but like always, there are questions in my mind which are not letting me focus on anything.

However, these questions are not about our future or my choices, they are more related to Alec. And unfortunately, the person who unintentionally planted these questions in my mind is that woman Kendra.

Who is this Kendra? And most importantly, who is Kendra to Alec?

How does she know something so personal about him even if it was just a lie?

My eyebrows pinch together in concentration as I start to bite inside of my cheeks.

Clearing of the throat, deepens my frown snapping me out of my thoughts. Shifting my eyes to the left I see Alec standing in the kitchen... and yeah, he is staring at me.

"How long you have been here?" I ask twisting my body to the left, completely facing him.

"Well, since you were stirring the pot of boiling water." Arching an eyebrow he points at the pot... in which there is just water?

Why am I stirring the pot? And where are potatoes?

I look around for potatoes when Alec brings a bowl of diced potatoes in front of me.

I don't remember cutting them.

"Diced potatoes will cook quicker," He answers at the same time, he puts the potatoes in boiling water and covers the lid.

I was planning to make potato salad with grilled chicken for dinner as Liam wants to eat chicken as usual.

"Do you mind sharing with me, what is going on inside your head?" He crosses his arms as his gaze finds mine as if he is trying to read my mind.

"A lot of things." I sigh, shaking my head.

"Are you..." Suddenly, he looks nervous, "Are you regretting your decision? Having second thoughts about it?" He asks tentatively.

It takes a moment for me to realize what he is trying to ask.

"Alec, when I decide something then there is nothing in this world that would change my mind." Weaving my fingers together in front of me, I shrug while looking at them, "I am not like you who overthinks, or analyzes consequences before taking any action. I am more like do now and deal with it later kind of a person, and this thing hasn't changed about me." Glancing back at him, I smile.

"So to answer your question, no, I am not having any second thoughts about anything." I slowly nod my head, "However, if you are having any doubts then be honest with me."

"No, this is the only thing which I am sure doubt," he quickly says as soon as I finish speaking, "I want us, Avery, and I don't care about anything else."

"Well, then I guess everything is fine." I shrug as I return to work on dinner.

"Everything is perfect."

A small smile spread on my lips when I hear him quietly saying.

However, I have to discuss with him what's going on in my mind, as my mind will be restless until I don't know who is that woman. But this conversation has to wait, as I don't want Liam even to accidentally hear our conversation.

He taps on my shoulder, causing me to turn to him.

"I love you." He suddenly pecks my lips surprisingly the hell out of me.

I don't remember him being so... affectionate? What has happened to him?

There is a hint of mischievousness present in his smile as he again starts to lean.